We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Meeting friends at the port

Manitoba.
11 posts
Save Topic
Meeting friends at the port

On Feb 15th we will be meeting friends at the port. I'm looking for suggestions on a good meeting spot. Neither of us have been to Barbados before and we need to plan this in advance. Can we meet them in the cruise terminal, or is this only for cruise people? Is there a cafe or bar within a short walk of where they disembark? We will be meeting about 9:00 AM. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Frozentoban.

bridgetown
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Meeting friends at the port

frozentoban

You can do one of two things..

1) Ask your friends to take a short seven minute walk outside the Exit Gate of the Bridgetown Port. There is a circle or roundabout where you can ask them to look out for you.

2) If you have a vehicle and intend to drive into the Cruise Terminal, go to the Customs Department of the Bridgetown Port and ask for the section where you can obtain a visitors pass. Try to do this at least two or three days before the ship actually arrives. You must have your identification (preferably a valid passport) and they will ask you complete a short form which asks you for your vehicle registration number. This will enable you to get a visitor's pass.

From a hassleless and time wasting point of view, I would go for (1)

Cheers...!!!

Have a great 2012.....

Taxicabby

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,262 posts
354 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Meeting friends at the port

frozentoban

You could also ask them to meet you infront the Pelican Village which is right outside the Bridgetown Port and also relatively easy and completely hassle free.

Regards

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
9,048 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Meeting friends at the port

I agree with taxicabby, we always do option 1 and it works all the time.

As usual thanks taxicabby for your thoughtful suggestions.

Manitoba.
11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Meeting friends at the port

Sounds like the roundabout or Pelican village. Will look at some google earth pictures and pick one of them. Thanks again.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,262 posts
354 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Meeting friends at the port

frozentoban

You're welcome and happy travels.

Regards

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,868 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Meeting friends at the port

Totally agree with the others.. the round-a-bout, butI would suggest that you be very specific (as they walk out the gate, have them go to the right towards the sea and you will be sitting on the benches on that side..) and even if they say 9:00am, expect it to be a little later. the only issue with the round-a-bout is where to park, as there is no designated parking outside that gate.. (except for the Taxi's).. you can park along the road but I'm not encouraging that (even though I've done it).

I wouldn't recommend getting the visitors pass at all.

Edited: 31 December 2011, 19:33
Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
3,668 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Meeting friends at the port

Actually Sunnie couldn't they park in Pelican Village?( We did that when we met friends from a cruise. ) They could then walk along the sidewalk that is parallel to the sea, right up to the roundabout where everyone walks out from the cruise ships.

Frozentoban, that way you will see everyone walking out from the cruise terminal and not miss them.

Edited: 31 December 2011, 21:48
Manitoba.
11 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Meeting friends at the port

Sorry, been away for a bit, we will park in Pelican village and then meet at the round about. Thanks, for all your help.

9. Re: Meeting friends at the port

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2013, 10:21
Get answers to your questions about Christ Church Parish