We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places To Stay

New York City, New...
2 posts
Save Topic
Places To Stay

I know this is probably the MOST asked question on this forum.. But I need your help and am going to ask. A friend and I just booked a flight to Barbados for a week in July. We are now trying to book a place to stay, but want to find something reasonably priced! An ideal place for us would be a place with a kitchen area for use, somewhere semi-close to St. Lawrence and the bus system. We plan on traveling around the island quite a bit! Our budget is really low, unfortunately (55-70 USD/night).. We don't need a ritzy hotel with all inclusive packages and are very low maintenance. Does anyone know of a few good places they can suggest? I was looking at Allamanda Cottage in Dover, which has a really great price, however the owner prefers payment through money gram, which I am hesitant to do. All of my friends are warning me of scams and I would hate to shell out over $300 only to get to Barbados and find the place doesn't exist. Can anyone help me verify this place or suggest a different place?

2 people

budget: 55-70/night

looking in Dover, Christ Church

would love a place with a kitchen for use

I would love any insight!

Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,833 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Places To Stay

Check out Bajan Flamingo in Dover - very reasonable, clean and excellent location for the Gap and buses. barbados.org/apt/bajanflamingohouse/index.htm

Another website to check would be www.shoestringbarbados.com

No doubt you will get a lot of response but you should be able to find something within your budget I think at that time of the year.

Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for St. Lawrence Gap
Level Contributor
4,687 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Places To Stay

Check out Rostrevor hotel in St Lawrence Gap. They have the standard pool deck studio's at a decent rate.

I stayed there 3 years ago and they were about to renovate the rooms to a higher standard.

It is in a very good spot.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
361 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Places To Stay

You might also want to check out Guest Houses in that area.

Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for St. Lawrence Gap
Level Contributor
4,687 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Places To Stay

If Rostrevor isn't to your taste i would definitely agree with Scary's choice of Bajan Flamingo - i have seen the rooms which are quite spacious and clean, also i know the owner, a very lovely lady who will look after all your needs.

New York City, New...
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Places To Stay

Thanks everyone! You've all been very helpful! I'm still looking! I will let you know what we decide! Any new input is always welcome!

Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for St. Lawrence Gap
Level Contributor
4,687 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Places To Stay

There is a nice Guest house in the Gap called House Dover were you can get a room from as little as 40 US a night if you have a tight budget.

Barbados
Level Contributor
309 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Places To Stay

Hi cafeconlolo,

Time Out at the Gap, which is located right across from Dover Beach and Dover Playing Field, is currently undergoing renovations and will re-open in April. You can contact the hotel directly for a quote by emailing them at reservations@mwsunhotels.com. as they should be within your budget.

Regards

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,181 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Places To Stay

There's plenty of places that are not expensive, in addition to the ones mentioned already (all in the Gap area):

Rio Guesthouse

House Pebble

Meridian Inn

Cherry Tree Apartments

Desert Rose Guesthouse

If you stayed in either Maxwell/Worthing, you're still close to the Gap, but sometimes the prices are a little lower.

Also, have a look on VRBO.com as they have some cheap and cheerful options :O)

montreal canada
Level Contributor
185 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Places To Stay

There are quite a few cheaper places on the gap, but i have been going to Bim since i was a toddler, and most of our stays have been at Rostrevor..Summer prices for pool deck studios are reasonable, you have a kitchen, all apts look out to the sea, oceanfront..They also have a pool and privatebeach, with 3 other beaches in walking distance, 5-10 minutes..A restaurant and bar for the days you feel like spending and relaxing..Also center of Gap and close to main road for bus access, 5 min away..I will be back in 9 weeks, can't wait..Good luck, oh yes and very friendly staff...

10. Re: Places To Stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2013, 10:19
Get answers to your questions about Christ Church Parish