We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

barbados

Which Christ Church Parish hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
yorkshire
Level Contributor
6 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
barbados

can anyone please help me to decide which part of barbados to visit as i have recieved conflicting stories the best beaches would be a start.i would really appreciate someones knowledge of barbados thank you

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
3,400 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: barbados

Welcome to the Barbados forum. I don't know what you mean by conflicting reports. Basically, all hotels are on the south and west coast of Barbados. All beaches are excellent in Barbados, it just depends on what you are looking for.

It would help if you mentioned your budget and interests. Also if you enter 'beaches' in the search box the information there will give you a start to your search.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,690 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: barbados

patsy118

The bulk of our tourism is concentrated on the West and South Coasts. However, there are several hotels on the East Coast as well, so all are not on the West/South Coasts.

The West Coast is more upscale with several 4/5* properties, while the South Coast is more affordable with lots of 3-4* star properties.

I wouldn't say that all beaches here are excellent as there are several beaches around the island which aren't suitable for general use for one reason or the other. Also, the best beach is an interesting topic, however, the beaches I consider to be the best here are as follows:

Heywoods Beach, Alleynes Beach, Brandon's Beach, Browne's Beach, Rockley Beach, Worthing Beach, Enterprise (Miami) Beach, Crane Beach and Bottom Bay.

Hope this helps and feel free to ask any specific questions.

Regards

yorkshire
Level Contributor
6 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: barbados

Thank you i found your reply very informative.

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: barbados

If you want calmer waters this can generally be found on the west coast however the wider sandy beaches are more common in the south.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,690 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: barbados

patsy118

You're welcome.

Regards

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
5,342 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: barbados

I'd add Dover beach (south) to the list of "best" and lots of people like Payne's Bay (west).

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,075 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: barbados

Best beaches are all relative to what you like, so below are two links to sites that will give you an idea about beaches.

barbados.org/aerial/st-lawrence-gap-west.php

http://www.beachesofbarbados.com/

Barbados is not a big island at all so if you take a look on the left side of the page at "Things To Do" you will find many places that are quite interesting and fun plus they include comments from people who have been there.

Enjoy

yorkshire
Level Contributor
6 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: barbados

Many thanks .

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor