We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting quite scared!!

Which Christ Church Parish hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lancashire, England
Level Contributor
435 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Getting quite scared!!

I keep reading that people constantly pester you to buy drugs etc. I dont want to be confined to my hotel and want to do some walking and use public transport without feeling vunerable. Is it really a big problem?

NORTH WEST
Level Contributor
198 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting quite scared!!

You have no worries Barbados is very safe as long as you dont wander off on your own in the dark etc. just as you wouldn't be advised to anywhere. I have been 8 times and have seen a few people smoking dope but never been approached. Public transport is great - stop worrying you will love it.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,636 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting quite scared!!

I'm not sure where you are reading these things, but I don't really think you have anything to worry about.. I've lived here 13 1/2 years and never once been approached.. (ok.. maybe I don't look the part.. but still if they wanted to sell something to just anybody.. why not ask me).

Also,, if asked. .. just say no and go about your business..

I used public transport for 6mths when I first moved here and don't think, if I need to use it today, I'd have a problem at all .. The only problem is knowing where you are going and making sure you are on the right bus/van.

Paris, Canada
Level Contributor
356 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting quite scared!!

We were there in April. Only time I was asked was on Friday night at Oisten's. Someone asked my if I wanted to buy some as I was walking by. I said no thanks, kept walking. That was it.

I've been 3 times in the last 4 years, this is the first time I've been approached.

Cheers

Lancashire, England
Level Contributor
435 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting quite scared!!

Oh thanks everyone for your responses. I feel a lot better now with your positive feedback.

cornwall
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting quite scared!!

hi i was there in march and i had the same people asking if i wanted to buy any. i found that they do it more on the beach than in the streets. but if you just say no they will leave you alone. we stayed at the southern palms hotel and found that you were warned if there was such goings on. its so friendly all you have to do is say no nicely and they will leave you alone.

Saint George, Utah
8 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting quite scared!!

Yeah, it's only reefer not the hard stuff. All is true. Just say no thankyou and it's all good. The Silver Sands area and Bathsheba are spots where you might get asked on the beach. You know, the surfer laid back beach crowd. It's all good though, nothing wrong with the vibe they give off. Try it, you might like it.

Saint George, Utah
8 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting quite scared!!

Yeah, it's only reefer not the hard stuff. All is true. Just say no thankyou and it's all good. The Silver Sands area and Bathsheba are spots where you might get asked on the beach. You know, the surfer laid back beach crowd. It's all good though, nothing wrong with the vibe they give off. Try it, you might like it.

Lancashire, England
Level Contributor
435 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Getting quite scared!!

Thanks Egrove but I really dont want to try it, I have enough bad habits!!

Saint George, Utah
8 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Getting quite scared!!

hey theboss'ess,

I hear you on that one. I was just kidding about that one though, but there are a few uptight complainers out there that might need to try it to calm themselves.

cornwall
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Getting quite scared!!

i agree, they are so chilled when they ask you, its not like when you are here in england. they even came and at with us even tho we didnt want any. they are interesting to talk to,especialy if you want good deals on taxi's ect....

Get answers to your questions about Christ Church Parish