We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boogie Boarding at Silver Sands Beach

Lewisville, Texas
Level Contributor
14 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Boogie Boarding at Silver Sands Beach

Hi everyone,

My 16 yr old son and I are taking our 2nd trip to Barbados in March. We stayed on Maxwell beach at the Bougainvillea last trip. I have a reservation at the Silver Point Hotel for this trip. Can anyone tell me if Silver Sands beach will be safe for boogie boarding? We like to stay close to the beach and ride the waves up onto the sand (my son doesn't like really deep water).

Thank you for any insight or suggestions.

Atlantic Shores...
Level Contributor
2,132 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Boogie Boarding at Silver Sands Beach

It's more popular with kite surfers and paddleboarders but certainly would be good for boogie boarding, depending on weather conditions, of course. Legendary kite surfer Brian Talma's shop is on the beach and he can give good guidance on weather/surf conditions, lessons, and equipment rentals.

http://www.briantalma.pro/

You'll enjoy SilverPoint hotel.

Lewisville, Texas
Level Contributor
14 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boogie Boarding at Silver Sands Beach

Thank you! My other option is Accra Beach Hotel. My only concern is my son does not enjoy calm water in the ocean. He likes to have lots of waves to play in.

3. Re: Boogie Boarding at Silver Sands Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Christ Church Parish