We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Change in British Airways Barbados schedule

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,225 posts
353 reviews
Save Topic
Change in British Airways Barbados schedule

British Airways, from the 28th day of March 2007 will be operating all the flights to Barbados that used to be operated by BWIA. To this end, British Airways will have 10 direct flights to Barbados year round.

When you book Caribbean Airlines from London to Barbados or vice-versa, you will fly on a British Airways aircraft.

BA 2155 will depart LGW daily at 11:20 am and arrive in Barbados at 14:50hrs.

BA 2153 will depart on Wednesdays and Thursdays at 10am and arrive in Barbados at 13:30hrs

BA2153 will depart on Saturdays at 09:55hrs and arrive in Barbados at 13:25hrs.

----------

BA 2153 will depart BGI on Wednesdays and Thursdays at 14:30hrs and arrive in Trinidad at 15:30hrs.

BA 2153 will depart BGI on Saturdays at 14:25hrs and arrive in Trinidad at 15:25hrs.

BA 2152 will depart Trinidad on Wednesdays and Thursdays at 17:00hrs and arrive in Barbados at 17:55hrs.

BA 2152 will depart Trinidad on Saturdays at 16:55hrs and arrive in Barbados at 17:50hrs.

----------

BA 2154 will depart BGI daily at 16:40hrs and arrive LGW at 0545hrs the next day.

BA 2152 will depart BGI on Wednesdays and Thursdays at 18:50hrs and arrive LGW at 07:55hrs the next day.

BA 2152 will depart BGI on Saturdays at 18:55hrs and arrive LGW at 0800hrs the next day.

---------

So that’s it folks. Just though you would be interested to know. What I should also highlight now is that you can book travel from Barbados to Trinidad onboard British Airways. Tickets will cost $300.81USD approximately, which is more expensive than Caribbean Airlines and the others.

This schedule will be permanent. So even in September and October, 10 flights a week from British Airways will be arriving. The Saturday flight which currently has a 5 minute difference from the others will be in sync from November this year. Flight times will alter as day light saving comes and goes.

As normal, Virgin will have their regular 8 weekly flights. 7 from LGW and one from MAN using a 747-400. BA will be as usual, operating 10 777's.

If you have any questions, just ask, I'll be glad to answer.

www.ba.com

www.caribbean-airlines.com

Javon

new york
Level Contributor
306 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Change in British Airways Barbados schedule

right impartial of you.! lol.

CHESHIRE
Level Contributor
423 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Change in British Airways Barbados schedule

Javon why do you make such a 'big' thing of the aircraft type ? You already know the reason BA use the 777's

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,225 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Change in British Airways Barbados schedule

Um, what? I made this post because it arose in local news. All articles published locally about flights always include the equipment type. I have done nothing different.

This isn't a Virgin or BA comparison. It's just a post about BA's change in operations.

geesh

Javon

spain
Level Contributor
792 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Change in British Airways Barbados schedule

Coryna,

I like to know what type of aircraft I would be flying on. Its only by knowing the type that I can look into the layout of the plane , its seating configaration , and the spread of the different classes of travel.

From there I can make an informed decision on where to sit. For example if I want to fly on a Premium Economy seat I would choose a 747 and sit upstairs. As BA fly 777 to BGI ( and there is no upstairs) I would choose Virgin.. Its the same with Airbus planes , they all have different layouts , all frequent flyers undertand this and thats how I always get a good seat...

As Javon said Geeeesss...

sunshinebob.

London, England
Level Contributor
3,042 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Change in British Airways Barbados schedule

I too thinks it's great to be able to know which plane used. I was looking up seatguru.com for the Virgin configuration for their planes to Jamacia.....but I don't know which they use....so I won't be able to get seats now till we check in at Gatwick. Javon, would you happen to know, as I haven't got a clue...cheers

Bagshot, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,290 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Change in British Airways Barbados schedule

Two things:

Javon>> Didn't BWIA used to fly LHR to BGI? Are BA operating these flights? I live close to LHR, so I might consider it if BA were operating that route.

Lara>> Have you been on the Virgin website and put in your booking ref, you should be able to allocate your seats from the seat plan on there, its very good.

Nicky

London, England
Level Contributor
3,042 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Change in British Airways Barbados schedule

Nicky...thanks for that idea. Yep, just went and had a look. There doesn't seem much left for the online booking ie. 2x2 are all mixed and maily single seats. I'm guessing alot are held back for normal check in desks. So I think will best to wait till then as would prefer 4 together or 3 and 1 on the opposit eisle. Thanks for pointng me to the seat plan.

Salisbury UK
Level Contributor
432 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Change in British Airways Barbados schedule

I am just hoping that the BA and the cabin staff dispute is resolved today as the union has stated that a number of three day strikes will start on Monday week (29th Jan)

Fingers crossed

CHESHIRE
Level Contributor
423 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Change in British Airways Barbados schedule

Sorry sunshinebob it just seems to me that Javon is always plugging Virgin's 747's. I retired from BA cabin crew 7 years ago so I am familiar with aircraft layouts ( I was only qualified on 747's and 767') Unfortunately you can pick your seat and get to the airport only to find another aircraft has been substituted, that's when the fun starts! I know BA have their problems but it was once a well respected airline within the aviation industry, it's a shame it is going downhill. Apologies if I offended !

spain
Level Contributor
792 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Change in British Airways Barbados schedule

Coryna,

hey no offence taken.. I was only making a point. And yes Javon does like Virgin but if thats what he has flown on and enjoyed the experiance why not. I have flown with loads of carriers and am a bit older and more cynical than he. And yes flying VS is good but they have as many issues and problems as other carriers.

I like you think that BA is still trading on its laurels.. It was the worlds number one but has slipped back somewhat.. However I have chosen to fly BA on my next trip out to BGI in a couple of weeks and hope to get the usual excellent service. I like the fact that the FA s are a little older and wiser than the usual spotty pre-pubesent blond(ish) numpties that frequent some of the lesser airlines..

sunshinebob.

Get answers to your questions about Christ Church Parish
Recent Conversations