We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Why has this forum been so quiet?

south carolina
Level Contributor
257 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Why has this forum been so quiet?

In just 2 more months, my husband and I are going to Bonaire for the first time. I love to read up on forums before we go and have been following this one for some time,but it has gotten really "quiet". What's up? Anybody had any great recent experiences? Dives? Food?

16 replies to this topic
Amsterdam, New York
Level Contributor
579 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Why has this forum been so quiet?

It's hurricane/rainy season so not as many people travel during these few months. Quieter forums also mean a location that is much less traveled/touristy...this is a good thing. :)

Napanee, Ontario
Level Contributor
438 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Why has this forum been so quiet?

We go back for our third visit in January. This time for a month. We love it. We are snorkelers. We love 1000 steps and karpata. Our favourite restaurants are Mi Banana, joes grill and Patagonia. But there is so many others that might be your favourite. Hope you have an awesome trip.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
151 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Why has this forum been so quiet?

Hi Nan, where do you stay? We are making our first trip to Bonaire in January and are also snorkelers. we are so excited. Have had Bonaire on our radar for several years. we are staying at Den Laman.

Marietta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations, Bonaire
Level Contributor
4,713 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Why has this forum been so quiet?

BobnSharon, since I'm a "neighbor" of yours, I thought I'd mention that we will be going to Bonaire this January for something like our 15th visit, this time for 3 weeks. We are primarily windsurfers but do snorkel when the wind isn't blowing or we just need a rest. .

If you want some general information and my comments on a number of restaurants, check my personal web page at www.hammocktree.us/ms/trips.html Just look for the reports on trips to Bonaire.

Napanee, Ontario
Level Contributor
438 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Why has this forum been so quiet?

Bobnsharon we stayed at denlaman two years ago. It was very nice. This year we rented a small house for a month through some friends. Not on the water but we are staying for a month. Last year we stayed at the Belmar and we liked it too. Parking was cramped. Den Laman had lots of parking.

south carolina
Level Contributor
257 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Why has this forum been so quiet?

Thank yall for posting!!!! We are staying at Den Laman as well!

Bonaire
Destination Expert
for Bonaire
Level Contributor
2,594 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Why has this forum been so quiet?

We usually stayed at Den Laman when we were vacationing on Bonaire. It is really lovely, and the views are hard to beat. Also, it's nice that you can walk to several restaurants from there, and there is a nice drugstore across the street if you forget any necessities.

Arkansas
Level Contributor
138 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Why has this forum been so quiet?

Will be there in 11 days and will post a trip report (assuming we come back)

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
807 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Why has this forum been so quiet?

AmateurGO, you're also a TCI'er arent you? I've been to TCI 10-11 times but I also try to visit a new island (or country) each year... making my first trip to Bonaire in a couple of weeks and staying at Harbour Village.

Marietta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations, Bonaire
Level Contributor
4,713 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Why has this forum been so quiet?

That is right chester.... I hang out on the TCI forums quite a bit also. Been to TCI about 18-19 times and about 15 to Bonaire, although total time on Bonaire is longer as we normally stay 2 - 3 weeks.

They are two very different islands, but we love them both for what they are and we do different things on both.

Harbor Village is very nice. There are a couple off good places to eat in walking distance but make sure you get into town (Kralendijk) to try some of the very good restaurants there.

If you have not already done so, you might want to take a look at a couple of my trip reports to Bonaire for information about some of the restaurants and activities: www.hammocktree.us/ms/trips.html

Reply to: Why has this forum been so quiet?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bonaire