We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Should i decide abour Sive package and car when arrive ?

Sao Paulo, Brazil
Level Contributor
16 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Should i decide abour Sive package and car when arrive ?

Hello all !

My wife.. isnt sure if she will want do dive a lot in bonaire.. so im thinking in buy only a few boat trips when i arrive there with her.

Do you think i should get a hotel + dive package for me .. and even for her because it will be cheaper then paying for it in bonaire.. or should i wait and check prices when i arrive ?

Other thing: Anyone knows a hotel that has all this features:

- Queen size bed

- Cable TV

- bath tub

- balcony or porch

- is near a dive shop on site or very near

And... 1 last question: Who knows the best price on car rentals ? Should i get the Bonaire Budget.com deals.. or i can find cheaper things with hotels/when i arrive ?

Sorry for all this questions... but when i arrive after work.. and call bonaire.. everything is closed.. so it's been hard to dig information about things in bonaire..

Thanks a lot!

Marcelo.

Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Should i decide abour Sive package and car when arrive ?

welcome soon..once your wife sees our island and learns about the 80+ sites to dive she will be SO happy to dive a lot. I recommend pre booking the truck (you need one for the tanks to shore dive) and the room and shore diving. Wait to book the boat dives until you see how you feel. Shore diving is MAGICAL in Bonaire. I do recommend a boat dive to Klein Bonaire. Forest is great. Susan Porter has a super book Shore Diving Made Easy which is a must have on island.

Bellevue, Washington
Level Contributor
86 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Should i decide abour Sive package and car when arrive ?

Hi Marcelo -

We enjoyed staying at Sand Dollar Condominiums (www.divesanddollar.com) I think they have everything you asked for and they also have kitchens and an in-room safe. Their diving is through Bonaire Dive and Aventures and we were happy with them - your English is excellent but they did have at lease one dive leader who was from Colombia also spoke Spanish. The reef in front of the property is Bari Reef (rated #1 in the Caribbean for reef diversity) and it is a very easy shore dive - you take a giant stride off the dock to get in and climb a ladder to get out. We get the basic dive package that includes accommodations, the truck rental, six boat dives, unlimited shore diving and free Nitrox - and when we added shore dives, they cost about $25 USD per dive which we found very reasonable.

I sent you a private message (PM) also.

Have fun in Bonaire.

Cindy

3. Re: Should i decide abour Sive package and car when arrive ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 07:18