We stayed here for two weeks in October 2009. We were the first people here following a fire, and everything had been renewed. Unfortunately the management people had not given the place a proper shake down prior to our arrival.
The stove did not work for the first week of our stay, the electric system and plumbing all had issues. We justified paying a huge price for the place due to its beauty (which is real....) and the concept that we could cook in. With no stove we ended up eating out most nights, and using a Weber grill and microwave for other meals. I will say the management people from Monday following our arrival were there almost every day, but it does not forgive renting out a house for a huge price that was not functional. Even the mosquito nets were not hung properly, and there were none in two of the bedrooms -- and in this house they are crucial.
The setting of this place is spectacular, and the design fascinating. Sadly, the house design also makes it impossible to keep mosquitos and small critters out. In addition to loads of mosquitos we had to deal with scorpions, geckos, and crabs in the house.
Bonaire is famous for its bugs, and we had written to the agent specifically about several issues, including mosquitos. We got a stock reply that mosquitos are around, but not a problem right on the ocean. The truth is that there is standing water all over in the volcanic rock on this part of the island, and the agent gave us a bottle of "Off" on arrival, so they knew better.
Other problems with the house include the fact that the kitchen is at best a two person kitchen, so even with a working stove it is not a place for a group to gather and prepare a large meal. The shower for the master bedroom has a floor to ceiling clear glass window facing the pool, so if you are modest at all, this is not the place for you! Again, we knew from pictures about the shower, but we asked about the kitchen and were told there was plenty of space. Not so.
Our "take aways" from this experience were that you have to be very careful what you ask, and use your instincts rather than trust the agents word on a place you are considering renting from this group. They were responsive to a degree, but there was never a serious apology for the lack of cooking ability, and I strongly suspect they are going to paper over the numerous electric problems (we went dark a couple of times -- some island wide, but some just our house....) After two weeks I was $10,000 poorer and overall not happy after being eaten alive and spending a good part of my "vacation" being in the house with workmen dealing with someone else's problems.
This house is utterly spectacular, and utterly unlivable.