We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traditional American Thanksgiving Dinner

Salem, VA
Level Contributor
324 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Traditional American Thanksgiving Dinner

Last year we skipped the traditional American Thanksgiving dinner in favor of steaks at Casa Blanca. If we opt for turkey this year, does anyone have any recommendations of where to go? I think we had a traditional dinner at Lion’s Dive back in 2007 but I’m not 100% certain. Your advice is appreciated!

Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traditional American Thanksgiving Dinner

I had a traditional dinner at La Balandra last T'Giving at Harbour Village. I am sure Rum Runners will serve Turkey as well. Maybe Wil's Grill too?

Salem, VA
Level Contributor
324 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traditional American Thanksgiving Dinner

Awesome! I had no idea that we'd have so many other options. Thanks, Caribchakita!

Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traditional American Thanksgiving Dinner

Cactus Blue has posted that they are serving Thanksgiving dinner.

Salem, VA
Level Contributor
324 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Traditional American Thanksgiving Dinner

Thanks again! Do you any recommendations for great food with a local flavor? We had a wonderful lunch a couple of years ago at a place called something like El Fagon or something like that. Everyone in my group enjoyed it and wanted something similar again this year. We're here til Saturday, 27 November.

Marietta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations, Bonaire
Level Contributor
4,569 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Traditional American Thanksgiving Dinner

Yes, El Fagon is the correct name. It is one of Ann's (Caribchakita's) favorites and we have enjoyed it's local flavor also. If you go toward Lac Bay on Kaya Nikiboko Zuid it is just a block or two past Kaya Industria on the right.

If you want some information on other restaurants, you might enjoy my trip reports with lots of quick restaurant reviews. Check the Bonaire trips at

www.hammocktree.us/ms/trips.html

Mentioned in this post
Lac Bay
Lac Bay
904 Reviews
Bonaire
Bonaire
Bonaire
Caribbean
Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Traditional American Thanksgiving Dinner

Local Antillean food can be found at Posada Para Mira in Rincon and Rose Inn also in Rincon. I used to love El Fagon and turned Mike on to it but have not been back in 2 years.

Edited: 24 November 2010, 01:52
Mentioned in this post
Rincon
Rincon
Puerto Rico
Charleston, sc
Level Contributor
145 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Traditional American Thanksgiving Dinner

Capriccio is serving a Thanksgiving menu. They are having turkey and pumpkin ravioli.

We ate there last week and the pumpkin ravioli was excellent! They make all their own pasta.

Not sure how their Thanksgiving will be, however our meal the other night was very good.

Salem, VA
Level Contributor
324 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Traditional American Thanksgiving Dinner

Hi everybody! We had a fabulous Thanksgiving meal at Sunset Grill (at Den Laman condo's). On Friday afternoon we went to Rincon and had lunch at Rose Inn. The goat stew was delicious! We didn't get a chance to go to Posada Para Mira but definitely plan on eating there next time. Thanks to all for your advice!

Mentioned in this post
Rincon
Rincon
Puerto Rico
9. Re: Traditional American Thanksgiving Dinner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2011, 06:16