We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

early arrival in Bonaire? help?

seattle
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
early arrival in Bonaire? help?

We were just notified that continental air has canceled our red eye flight to Bonaire arriving on sunday Oct 2nd. Our apartment rental (Vinibu #9) starts sat Oct 1st so that we could check in on arrival sunday the 2nd at 6 am. With the flight change we now arrive at 5:35 am on sat Oct 1st and our apartment is rented out that night. Anyone/everyone please advise us - what should we do on arrival at 5:35 am on sat Oct 1st. Is there anywhere we can get a "short-stay" rental where we can rest until we can check into Vinibu#9 around noon? Should we get a hotel for the night of friday 9/30? If so - which would you recommend?

Thank you in advance for your help! Searad

New England
Level Contributor
1,683 posts
258 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: early arrival in Bonaire? help?

Have you checked with the owners to see if they have a recommendation?

When you arrive at 5:35 it will take almost an hour to get luggage, clear customs and immigration and get your rental vehicle so it will be between 6:30 and 7:00 am. I have never heard of a short stay rental on Bonaire for the few hours you mention so you would need to look at a room beginning on Friday night as you said. Hotel Roomer is near where you will be staying so that is a possibility. If you decide not to get a room you can have breakfast in town, do a bit of grocery shopping and then check-in at noon.

Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: early arrival in Bonaire? help?

Get a room at Hotel Roomer which is down the street.

northern california
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: early arrival in Bonaire? help?

I am considering renting this unit in March-

would you be kind enough to let me know how it is.

Was everything working?

Did it look like any major construction will be occuring in the area?

It looks very nice.

-M

Gilford, New...
Level Contributor
146 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: early arrival in Bonaire? help?

Jenny..I just happened to notice your posting.

OK the party that's leaving on 10/1 has a flight out at 3:00pm. So they have to be out of VINIBU by 10:00 AM.

By the time you get to VINIBU @ Bellevue it will be between 6:30 - 7:30 am depending upon the situation at the airport. You're more than welcome to relax out on the pool side patio for several hours.. The contact from Sunbelt will meet you at the airport & give you the keys.

The cleaning crew will be there and will arrive between 09:00 & 11:00 am. Your more than welcome to put your luggage in by 10:00 am when they enter. Bear in mind the cleaning process will take at least an hour. Conversely, you can make an early trip into town and have a leisurely breakfast.

I'm notifying Sunbelt that your flight arrangements have changed & you arrive Sat morn instead of Sunday on the Continental red eye. Try to relax, your vacation will be just beginning!

If you absolutely feel the need, Rumors Hotel is a block away, but if it were me, I'd just relax by the pool & chill till the unit's ready. PM me if you have any other questions.

seattle
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: early arrival in Bonaire? help?

Thank you! We have reservations with Hotel Roomer for friday night. We appreciate the pick up and keys on arrival sat am, but we will go to Hotel Roomer for a few hours sleep and then check in after lunch - no need to disrupt house cleaning services. Thank you for confirming our sat am pick up by Sun Belt, and thank you for your help! We look forward to sharing your your piece of paradise!

6. Re: early arrival in Bonaire? help?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2012, 19:16