We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking on Island????

pittsburgh,pa
Level Contributor
51 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Parking on Island????

first time on Bonaire in 2 1/2 weeks. where do you park when you go into town for dinner, and how about at different snorkeling sites do u just park along the road or what???

Marietta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations, Bonaire
Level Contributor
4,088 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking on Island????

There are several parking lots and quite a bit of street parking. Our first stop is generally at a small lot right in front of the northernmost of the large piers. There is another larger lot a block north of the downtown area that may be more convenient for some restaurants. We seldom have any problems parking in the evening.

For snorkeling sites, there is generally plenty of space to park alongside the road at the marked sites. Just remember that in the more remove locations you should not leave any valuables in your car and leave the car unlocked.

pittsburgh,pa
Level Contributor
51 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking on Island????

Thank you. eased my mind for the time being. You can tell this is our first time to the island LOL

Marietta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations, Bonaire
Level Contributor
4,088 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking on Island????

If you want to see some more information, including lots of restaurant reviews and pictures, check the trip reports at my personal web site:

www.hammocktree.us/ms/trips.html

Gilford, New...
Level Contributor
146 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking on Island????

Debbie..If you're anything like the majority of our visitors you're in for a treat & will have a great time. Bring your sense of adventure, humor and remember Bonaire isn't exactly like the way things are back home. It has it's own rhythm and pulse (laid back). Be sure to try some of the many great restaurants on the island. Everyone has their favorites.

For snorkeling, try the yellow hut which is located pretty much across from the airport about 100 yards south of Port Bonaire.

pittsburgh,pa
Level Contributor
51 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking on Island????

Unfortunately for my husband and everyone else I am type A before any vacation. After I get there I don't worry. Which is what vacations are for. LOL

By the way we will be staying at your condo on our visit. Thanks everyone for your inputs.

Orillia, Canada
Level Contributor
395 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Parking on Island????

One of the posts makes reference to the yellow hut by the airport as a good snorkelling spot.Can anyone tell me how far a walk it is from the Divi Flamingo Hotel?

Thanks.

Gilford, New...
Level Contributor
146 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Parking on Island????

Dean.. Regarding the walk from Divi, it is possible, but personally I'd drive. At any rate if you are intent on walking, you'd cut through the Plaza resort, go over the little bridge by the marina, cut across and then walk across the parking lot through to Port Bonaire. From Port Bonaire it's only 5 mins at most. I'd guesstimate perhaps a 30 min walk cutting through the Plaza property from Divi.

Ohio
Level Contributor
126 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Parking on Island????

We've been there three times and never had a problem parking on the ONE main street in town and walking west to the shore, a walk along the water and many restaurants. Almost 'everything' is in walking distance from town. There's so many good restaurants! We still haven't tried them all!

Personal faves are Bistro Paris (you'll need a vehicle but ample parking along street), Capriccio, Mona Lisa, Papaya Moon, Pasa Bon Pizza (vehicle but no problem parking, call-ahead and take-out, too) and the Unbelievable.

Snorkel and dive sites are usually marked by yellow-painted rocks. Many site maps everywhere, and quite easy to pull off the road.

Have a GREAT time!!!!

9. Re: Parking on Island????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 05:16