We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Date of Trip

Orillia, Canada
Level Contributor
404 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Date of Trip

Trying to decide when to go to Bonaire for snorkelling.My choices are ;

-last week in March

-first week in April

-second week in April

I want to:

-minimize chances of encountering jellyfish as I will not have a wetsuit

-Minimize my chances of rain

Also does anyone have any thoughts as to how busy it is over the Easter weekend which is Friday April 6 to Monday April9?Are stores and snorkel tour companies open over the Easter weekend?If they are closed are they closed all 4 days of the Easter long weekend?

Thanks in advance for any assistance anyone can provide.

New England
Level Contributor
1,680 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Date of Trip

You will not see much of a difference in the three weeks you mention in terms of jellyfish or rain. There is usually a greater chance of encountering jellyfish after a full moon or after upwellings of cooler water. We have rarely encountered jellyfish in Bonaire. You might consider wearing a Lycra skin to protect against the strong sun and any abrasions should you stumble on entering or exiting the water. Some sort of foot protection such as dive booties and open heel fins will make snorkeling from shore much easier.

Rain at that time of year will most likely be quick showers if at all.

Easter is a very busy time on the island as it is a big family celebration time. Stores are usually closed on Easter Sunday and Monday and some on Good Friday as well. Restaurants at the resorts will be open and you should be able to book snorkel tours as those are geared towards tourists and usually operate on holidays.

Edited: 17 December 2011, 17:58
2. Re: Date of Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2012, 10:18