We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kayak to and snorkle Klein bonaire

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Kayak to and snorkle Klein bonaire

Is it practicable to kayak to KB ; tie to buoy and snorkle? Do many do it?

Can kayaks land on KB?

I know the return to shore will be into wind But half a mile into a 15mph head wind is doeable.

Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kayak to and snorkle Klein bonaire

I am sure you can do this if you are fit.....yes, you can land there..to be sure, contact STINAPA

http://www.stinapa.org/

Eatontown, New...
Level Contributor
5 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kayak to and snorkle Klein bonaire

Seems realistic. Make sure you pay your STINAPA fee. The waters on the south side can be a bit choppy.. Maybe plan to head to the north in the kayak.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Kayak to and snorkle Klein bonaire

Thanks for the reply.

This is first trip to Bonaire very excited.

Looking at maps it seems most of snorkle sites are on the north sideany way.

Would it be possible to beach kayaks on KB and kick out to reef and drift snorkle along reef then kick back to KB and walk back to beached kayaks?

ANY snorkle advice most welcome.

We have already booked trips with woodwinds and Renee and will have own gear and renting a truck.

thanks

McDonough, GA
Level Contributor
13 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kayak to and snorkle Klein bonaire

Wife and I considered the kayak option, but yesterday took the water taxi over. Get a good look at the wind before you choose that kayak. Chop was pretty rough in the channel between island and mainland, and taxi captain said it was a pretty normal day. All the way back you are going to be fighting that wind and chop. You know your experience on open water in a kayak so do what is best for you, but for me that 30 bucks on the water taxi was the best money I have spent here.

5. Re: Kayak to and snorkle Klein bonaire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 03:42