We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Trip to Bonaire from Curacao

Winter Haven...
Level Contributor
64 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Day Trip to Bonaire from Curacao

My husband and I, with another couple, flew Insel to Bonaire from Curacao on Thanksgiving, just for the day. Flight over was delayed by 30 minutes, but no big deal. Rented from AB Car Rental. They had a taxi driver meet us at the airport and take us to the rental office. They didn't have the truck I had reserved, but gave us a nice 4-wheel SUV. Pick up of the vehicle went smoothly. We went north to Lake Gotmeer, saw just a couple of flamingos. Drove through Rincon, and went to Boca Onima for a while. We then went South to Windsock for snorkeling, just south of the airport. Lots more fish and variety than we had experienced on Curacao. Drove south, past the salt ponds, slave huts and Williamstorn Lighthouse to Lac Bay. Saw some more flamingos along the way. We had hors dourves at Wind & Sail Beach Bar and spent a couple of hours watching the wind surfers and just chilling out. Got back to AB in plenty of time. Turn in of the vehicle went smoothly, and we were driven to the airport in plenty of time for our flight back to Curacao. Wonderful day on Bonaire!!

Harrisburg...
Level Contributor
55 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day Trip to Bonaire from Curacao

Hello! My fiancé and I are gong to Curaçao for our honeymoon and were looking to go to Bonaire for a day as you did. We were going to do the day trip to Klein curaçao but I get motion sickness really bad and thought better of it! That is when I decided to look into a day trip to Bonaire. Was it pretty easy and worthwhile? What time were your flight? ...And how was the flight? i get pretty freaked out by small planes lol! Any advice is appreciated! Thanks so much!!

New England
Level Contributor
1,683 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day Trip to Bonaire from Curacao

If you don't like small planes than be sure not to book on Divi. They are our airline of choice between the two islands because of great customer service and on time flights but each plane holds a maximum of 7 passengers. They do not fly after dark so if you want to spend a full day in Bonaire consider DAE of Insel but be prepared for delays and cancelled flights as these two are not considered to be as reliable as Divi. The OP has given you great ideas for a day trip.

3. Re: Day Trip to Bonaire from Curacao

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 July 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Bonaire
Recent Conversations