We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Insel Air

wny
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Insel Air

I have flights scheduled from Aruba to Bonaire via Curacao on Insel Air on January 24. I have tried to contact the company for the past week but the U. S. 800 number is out of service. The message about the number being out of service has been on their web page for over a week. Further, they haven't replied to an email.

I'm concerned they are no longer in business. Has anyone used Insel Air in the past week?

Marietta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations, Bonaire
Level Contributor
4,491 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Insel Air

They better be in business, we are scheduled to fly Insel Aruba to Bonaire (via Curacao) next Wed!

Sounds like it is time to do some investigation.

wny
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Insel Air

Hope you get further in your investigation than I have. If I was smart enough to figure out how to call the Curacao number I would try that.

London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Insel Air

Flew them yesterday from Aruba to Curaçao and had no issues.

Edited: 11 January 2013, 05:05
wny
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Insel Air

Just received an email from Yahoo Travel informing me of flight time changes for my January 24 trip. Thus, after the previous response and this email I assume they are still in business. Nevertheless, their phone number is still out of service.

Willemstad, Curacao
Destination Expert
for Willemstad, Curacao
Level Contributor
1,965 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Insel Air

Insel Air is in business don't you worry about that.

These days they are one of the most reliable options between the islands.

wny
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Insel Air

Thanks for the information.

Do you know if they are strict on the 44 pound baggage weight for the Fokker 50? Our scuba equipment alone is about that limit.

Also, would they just charge extra for excess weight or would we have to leave stuff behind in Aruba?

Willemstad, Curacao
Destination Expert
for Willemstad, Curacao
Level Contributor
1,965 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Insel Air

Sorry can't help you with that question

Level Contributor
1 post
108 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Insel Air

I went with a dive group to Bonaire from the 5th to the 12th. I and others used Insel. I hope you have better luck with your going and coming than I did but I know you'll love Bonaire! Also, the 44lb is fairly strict if you're traveling with 2 people. If you're solo then 50 is the limit- BUT I think that if you tell them it's scuba gear (my dive buddy said this) then they will allow you to be heavier. Worth a shot- if you ever get in touch with them I would ask to be sure.

Edited: 17 January 2013, 05:21
Marietta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations, Bonaire
Level Contributor
4,491 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Insel Air

We arrived in Bonaire last night, coming by way of Aruba via Insel. No problem with our bags, but they were both about 40 pounds. Flights were OK, just "fashionably late" (10 - 20 minutes) and seemed a bit unorganized, but otherwise OK.

10. Re: Insel Air

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2014, 07:19
Get answers to your questions about Bonaire