We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trip reprort

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
178 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
trip reprort

we just got back from 2 wonderful , relaxing weeks snorkeling in Bonaire. stayed at the Black Durgon which is not fancy but very pleasant with great snorkeling and diving right off their dock. Plusses: quiet, good food, great snorkeling and diving. Minusses: you absolutely need a car there, restaurants are expensive but you can find specials, we had some trouble finding snorkeling sites with easy access due to rough water. Also, we are an older gay couple and we saw (maybe?) 2 other gay men in 2 weeks. It didn't matter because we felt very comfortable there and met a lot of nice people. Our favorite restaurand was Eddy's, just south of Buddy Dive. good food at slightly cheaper prices, friendly family owned place, good atmosphere. Try it.

Orlando
Level Contributor
9,435 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: trip reprort

I'm planning on going next month, so it is good that a fellow Floridian liked it too. Was there any other particular activity beside the snorkeling that you really enjoyed? I also assume that you didn't have too much of a problem with the connecting inter island flights.

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
71 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: trip reprort

Thanks for the trip report. I am glad you had a good time. I missed Eddy's last time, but will give it a try based on your advice. We are hoping at some point to get my parents down to Black Durgeon as it seems to be a great value with a really nice house reef.

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
178 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: trip reprort

we liked exploring the island by car. It's very small with some very rough roads but an interesting desert/volcanic landscape. we flew Miami to Curacao and Divi 8 seater prop plane to Bonaire. Only the ususal chaos at MIA. Have a great time.

New England
Level Contributor
1,678 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: trip reprort

Thanks for the report. I remember when you were looking for your flights. I love the service from Divi and always enjoy the short flight. And I agree -- there is always chaos at the MIami airport. Sort of makes you forget you were ever on vacation. Glad to know you enjoyed yourself.

Orlando
Level Contributor
9,435 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: trip reprort

At least I don't have to deal with Miami this time. MCO is a piece of cake compared to that place. Thanks for the report.

6. Re: trip reprort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 April 2014, 06:17