We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Small Island just off the main town

Isle of Man
Level Contributor
129 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
The Small Island just off the main town

Is it a good snorkelling spot and how much does it cost to go there?

Many thanks

stuart IOM

Sea Cow Snorkeling Trips
Sightseeing Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling
Woodwind Sailing & Guided Snorkel
Scuba & Snorkeling, Boat Tours, Water Sports
VIP Diving
Scuba & Snorkeling
New England
Level Contributor
1,703 posts
269 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Small Island just off the main town

Klein Bonaire is a lovely snorkel spot. You have several options for getting there. One is to take the water taxi which will drop you off at the sandy beach and pick you up again. However, there are no services or shade on the island. Another option is to take a trip on the Woodwind. You will sail there and get to snorkel with one of their wonderful guides. You may be able to find rates at www.infobonaire.com.

Isle of Man
Level Contributor
129 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Small Island just off the main town

Thanks for that info that's very helpful.

Other than the Island which shallowish beaches are best for snorkelling on Bonaire?

My partner is nervous of deep water so I am hoping you might know of one or two places.

Thanks again.

Stuart IOM

Orlando
Level Contributor
10,791 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Small Island just off the main town

Fish usually like reefs and rocks. When I did my island tour, I saw all kinds of diving spots just off of the beach. At the Divi, I was in the water every day. One of the spots was very near the bar at the hotel, snokeling was pretty decent right next to my room.

The Woodwind is fantastic. They are very good with people that are afraid of snorkeling. They will give you a jacket so you can float and you will have somebody in the water with you. The reef that we visited was beautiful.

New England
Level Contributor
1,703 posts
269 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Small Island just off the main town

One of the beauties of Bonaire is that there are many shallow snorkel spots. At places like Tori's Reef you can snorkel along the shore and see lots of along the ironshore and at Bachelor's Beach you can snorkel around small patches of reef or docks to see lots. Have you looked into the book Bonaire Shore Diving Made Easy? It's not just for divers and has information dedicated just to snorkelers including which sites are well suited to snorkeling. Take a look at www.bsdme.info.

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
66 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Small Island just off the main town

Check out tropicalsnorkeling.com. They have a very good guide to download which will give all the info you need.

6. Re: The Small Island just off the main town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2014, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Bonaire