We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dive question

Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Topic
Dive question

Hi, well I'm finally on my way down to bonaire...:

I'm at my layover and about to board my plan in a few hours to head down there and I'm just realizing that I only brought my passport, my drivers lincese and 2 credit cards..::I totally spaced my dive "c" card.:::I remembered my dive log book but totally blew it with my card...

Are my diving possibilities ruined?

Has any one encountered this or had this experience before?

I'm mostly snorkeling and planned on doing that all day long every day..:but still I wanted to make a few dives as well..:::

New England
Level Contributor
1,711 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dive question

I have not had this experience, nor do I know anyone who has but my suggestion would be to try to contact your certification agency and see if they can give you your cert number in an email. Most dive shops require the number, level of cert and date of last dive on the release form so if you explain the situation and can give them your number they MAY agree to work with you. Check with your chosen dive shop once you arrive as I doubt you are the first person to arrive there without your card!

Boise, Idaho
Level Contributor
355 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dive question

I was in a similar situation once when I had an unexpected opportunity to dive during travel for work. I called NAUI and they promptly faxed a copy of my certification directly to the dive operator. Problem solved.

St. Louis,MO
Level Contributor
1,401 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dive question

When we were in Cozumel last month one diver in our group forgot his C card. Sometimes the dive op can contact agency for certification number. PADI did e mail us back-3 days later with c card number. If your local dive op certified you, or has the information available, they may be the most expedient contact.

Mentioned in this post
Cozumel
Cozumel
Quintana Roo, Mexico
4. Re: Dive question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 December 2014, 05:18