We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

internet at Buddy Dive

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
53 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
internet at Buddy Dive

we're leaving in a couple of weeks, just wondering about the internet. BD's website says they have an 'internet kiosk'. What, no wifi? Can anyone explain what exactly the internet kiosk is? No in-room internet access? is it like an internet cafe? does it cost?

Oregon
Level Contributor
332 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: internet at Buddy Dive

My husband and I recently spent 2 weeks at Buddy Dive Resort. I was expecting WiFi in the room, but no, we were told that it is available by the pool bar and in the reception area. We resorted to using the resort's one computer for guests (free), that's located in the reception area. Speed was good. Because the computer basically sits outside (covered), it feels dirty and gritty. Access was not a problem; we never had to wait to use it. I found a good time to go was around happy hour, before dinner. Go before dark - or the bugs will get you there!

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
53 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: internet at Buddy Dive

thank you! we will take our laptop and use the wifi. Glad the speed was ok - i've read some posts that way internet is sketchy. I don't plan to spend much time on it anyway; we go there to escape and wait til we get home to post pictures. Mainly i just check-in once a day for messages, so before dinner will work well.

3. Re: internet at Buddy Dive

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 January 2015, 05:16