We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Me and kids want to snorkel while husband dives

London, United...
Level Contributor
86 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
Me and kids want to snorkel while husband dives

Hoping for help. We are a family of 4 ( kids age 11 and 8) who will be stopping at Bonaire on a Princess cruise in April. My husband wants to do some diving and we would like to find a company who would also take me and the kids out on the boat to do some snorkelling, so we can at least enjoy some of the day together. My husband is PADI certified and the kids are competent swimmers/snorkellers, although I would prefer to have a snorkel guide with us. Is there a company in Bonaire not affiliated with Princess who could accommodate us? I ask this because a) Princess do not offer any such trip we could all do and b) a company my husband has found on line has told him they work with Princess and he would have to book through the cruise! Many thanks for any help.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
48 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Me and kids want to snorkel while husband dives

In my opinion, I would go to Dive Friends (near where you would dock), you can snorkel and your husband can head out to the reef to dive. Super great people at Dive Friends and I am sure they could help you out. We dove with them about a month ago and everyone at each of their locations was great!! http://www.dive-friends-bonaire.com/

New England
Level Contributor
1,686 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Me and kids want to snorkel while husband dives

I also think that Dive Friends would be your best choice. If they are unavailable you can find a complete list of Bonaire dive shops here: http://www.infobonaire.com/diveoperators.html

Allentown...
Level Contributor
601 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Me and kids want to snorkel while husband dives

The DIve Friends location at Hamlet Oasis has some pretty good snorkeling from shore in the shallows. Perhaps your husband could arrange a guided shore dive there while you and the kids snorkel. The dive site at Hamlet is called Cliff and well worth diving.

London, United...
Level Contributor
86 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Me and kids want to snorkel while husband dives

Thanks everyone but Dive Friends are the company who deal with Princess!

5. Re: Me and kids want to snorkel while husband dives

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 January 2015, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Bonaire
Recent Conversations