We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What are Bonaire Beaches Like?

Philadelphia
7 posts
Save Topic
What are Bonaire Beaches Like?

I've seen serveral posts noting that Bonaire is not a beach destination. I planning a trip to Bonaire for snorkeling and am curious now what DO the beaches look like and feel like?

Also, for snorkeling, in addtion to snorkeling off the coast, are there companies who will boat you out to snorkel?

Mentioned in this post
Bonaire
Bonaire
Caribbean
SoloBon Private Sail & Snorkel Safari
2 Reviews
US$75 per adult
Buggy Adventure in Curacao
17 Reviews
US$150 per adult
Free Cancellation
Discover Bonaire Sightseeing Tour
445 Reviews
US$35 per adult
Free Cancellation
West Virginia
Level Contributor
1,646 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What are Bonaire Beaches Like?

We have a trip to Bonaire planned for January. Ended up booking at The Plaza cuz from what I found it has a nice beach and snorkeling - got a room on the beach. We usually avoid large places like it. It looked like the Divi also has a beach.

If you have not checked it out, also goto http://www.bonairetalk.com/ for info. The people posting were a wealth of info for me.

Mentioned in this post
Bonaire
Bonaire
Caribbean
Philadelphia
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What are Bonaire Beaches Like?

LVSun,

Thanks so much for pointing me to that website.

Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What are Bonaire Beaches Like?

We have lovely clear water and some say the best diving and snorkeling in the Caribbean. With that said we do not have strands of white sandy beaches. The reason is our island is surrounded by reefs so the dead rubble comes ashore and makes it somewhat rocky. We all swim and have places to lay in the sun but this is NOT Anguilla or Antigua.

Plaza has a man made sandy beach but a coral entry. Eden Beach has a real sandy beach with a rocky entry. Divi has a tiny sandy beach with a sandy entry. A few of my villas have small sandy beaches. Most hotels and condos have docks where one can swim and snorkel from.

This island is incredible. The entire area is a marine park with permanent moorings. We have healthy reefs and a plethora of sealife.

Two women can take you snorkeling: Renee Leach and Caren at Sea and Discover. Caren was featured in this month's Caribean Travel adn Life. Email me for details if you wish.

Ann Phelan

ann@bonairecaribbean.com

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
Anguilla
Anguilla
Caribbean
Antigua
Antigua
Antigua and Barbuda
Eden Beach Resort
Eden Beach Resort
438 Reviews
Bonaire
At Sea
At Sea
1,448 Reviews
Bonaire
4. Re: What are Bonaire Beaches Like?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2009, 07:18