We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Voyager Events Bonaire - Scam Car Rental Company

New York City, New...
2 posts
Save Topic
Voyager Events Bonaire - Scam Car Rental Company

Rented a vehicle in April 2011 and never received back a security deposit of over $500 for car rental even after the owner promised it was a bank mistake and the funds should have been refunded to credit card. This is been going on for over a month. I would like to find others who have had similar experiences with this car rental company, so we can file multiple complaints.

1. Re: Voyager Events Bonaire - Scam Car Rental Company

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 April 2012, 18:44
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Voyager Events Bonaire - Scam Car Rental Company

The same thing has happened to me. I was overcharged by 275.00 and also have not received my 500.00 deposit back yet and it's been almost 3 months. I finally just contacted my credit card company and said look I'm not paying this I did not authorize this charge I only authorized a deposit which should have been credited and visa credited my acct 775.00 and said they would just not pay him 775.00 when they send him payment for Card transactions. He thought since I lived on Bonaire and my billing zip was in the US I wouldn't find out. Boy was he wrong. He also has apartments unfurnished on Kaya Finlandia... DUMP. Looks nothing like the photos online. Not even a refrigerator in any of the units. He's a con man.

2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Voyager Events Bonaire - Scam Car Rental Company

The same thing has happened to me in May 2011. I was overcharged by 275.00 and also have not received my 500.00 deposit back yet and it's been almost 3 months. I finally just contacted my credit card company and said look I'm not paying this I did not authorize this charge I only authorized a deposit which should have been credited and visa credited my acct 775.00 and said they would just not pay him 775.00 when they send him payment for Card transactions. He thought since I lived on Bonaire and my billing zip was in the US I wouldn't find out. Boy was he wrong. He also has apartments unfurnished on Kaya Finlandia... DUMP. Looks nothing like the photos online. Not even a refrigerator in any of the units. He's a con man.

Kralendijk, Bonaire
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Voyager Events Bonaire - Scam Car Rental Company

About the $ 500 deposit, you know that is was a bankmistake, things like that can happen. And by me knowing, everything is fixed in the meantime.

You also forgot to tell this board, that you asked for a special price, and we gave you a discount!! So, it is not very nice of you to tell this things on a public board, we tried to help you and this is your thanks??

Kralendijk, Bonaire
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Voyager Events Bonaire - Scam Car Rental Company

Maybe you looked at the wrong apartments!!!

Maple Ridge, Canada
Level Contributor
9 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Voyager Events Bonaire - Scam Car Rental Company

This is an awful rental car company. I will never rent from them again, There are lots of other choices on Bonaire & i would go to any of them before this place. We picked up our truck, i tried to back it out and the clutch would not engage until it was almost at the top. The transmission made a horrible clunk noise every time it was shifted into any gear. There were two flat tires and two almost flat , also empty on gas. We were told to go to the gas station to put air in tires! Truck was not safe... Our hosts contacted them and we were told they would replace the vehicle. We swapped the truck for a jeep thing.. ran better but still smelly, dirty and the radio quit working the minute we got it. We did not know that it was temporary swap. A few days later we were told "our" truck was fixed and that we had to go swap it back as this one was more expensive! We took two trips there on the weekend, closed both times. On the Monday we went back, only to be informed the truck was not really there but we should come back later in the day. Another wasted trip! We then called and the owner (?) said that he was not there but would be there soon and that he had a "car" for us.. A CAR?? we did not rent a car!!! so we get there and this guy tries to give us a car that looks like he dragged it out of a ditch. Said we can have it for the rest of our trip! WHAT?? I rented a truck! then he says that the car is more money than the truck ( which by the way never did surface) he did tell us that the truck was broken,clutch was gone REALLY?? who knew). I told him i was not going to take a car and planned to pay him not one more dime than what i had agreed to

he then said that he had some US people coming in a few hours and that he had rented them the jeep we had.. I then got angry!He also said that he had bought all these new vehicles but didn't have them yet and also that he had all these broken vehicles.. like this is MY fault??

I told him he could rent the car to the US people..!

Before we left we went to check in the jeep and find out where to park this thing at the airport. They don't even have a designated spot at the airport! i had to drive around outside the gates three times to figure out where to leave it. The owner also said well its being checked in today but you are responsible for it until you leave! REALLY! no kidding.. he was very rude and ignorant. This was the one and only poor experience on either of my trips to Bonaire. Bonaire is wonderful and everyone is kind and sweet and very interested in making sure visitors are happy and come back,. Not this guy! and not this company. next time i will go back to renting from AB car rental, got a vehicle last year , all good! never again with this company.. Seedy!

Kralendijk, Bonaire
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Voyager Events Bonaire - Scam Car Rental Company

Dear Mrs. B. I read your complaints about our car rental. Why are you telling this things, you know they are not true. Yes, your car broke down, these things happen, even at AB. We gave you another car, an automatic, because you said you were no divers, you didn't really need a pickup. The car we gave you was more expensive, you got it for the same price, we did NOT ask you to pay more, so that was a ly too. And yes, we did ask you to change it back, because we had a reservation for the automatic, but finally we let you keep this car. You could leave it at the airport, so you didn't have to call for a cab to bring you to the airport at night. And we told you exactly were to leave the car, this is Bonaire, the airport is small, so that you drove around to find the spot were you could leave the car, well, no comments about that. All the things you say about us, I don't understand, we gave you another car, an automatic, more expensive, we had no complaints at the time, we gave you a good service, so why are you tellings these things about us??? Do you want to belong to something? Maybe you better rent from AB next time, because we don't need customers like you either. You want a better car?? Then maybe you need to pay a bit more, you got this car in a package!!! Remember?

Willemstad, Curacao
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Voyager Events Bonaire - Scam Car Rental Company

Voyager Carrental is kwown to scam tourists. Beware! A local resident!

1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Voyager Events Bonaire - Scam Car Rental Company

To the owner of voyager carrental who keeps replying: i am a local of bonaire. You know that bonaire's main income comes from tourism, so why reply this way?? Do you wanna make sure these tourists come back? Even if theyre not telling the truth, you have to stay professional and reply in a decent way, the way your replying is just making the image of your company worse. And costumers are allowed to tell their opinions, so you dont have to go on replying on every (bad) review your company gets, especially in this way. Concerned bonerian

10. Re: Voyager Events Bonaire - Scam Car Rental Company

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 February 2013, 10:16
Get answers to your questions about Kralendijk