We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Belmar Apartments

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Belmar Apartments

Any info on the Belmar Apts. would

be appreciated. Wondered if they were really

dark since they don't have any windows in them

except the front balcony.

Need a 3 bedroom

Shepherdstown
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Belmar Apartments

Just got back from two weeks at Belmar. We had a two bedroom apartment on the ground floor. Both bedrooms had a private bathroom with large showering areas and seperate AC.. Full kitchen, large american style fridge with ice maker/ice water on the door. During the day plenty of light. Low wattage bulbs so a bit dim at night in the living room but the cooking area and hallway was well lit. There is also a safe large enough to store a small laptop, cameras, papers, money etc.

If you dive, full service dive shop and it is associated with Buddy Dive so you can use the drive through tank service at Buddy or just load up at the Belmar. House reef was in very good shape and began about 30 or so yards from the dock, rope line out that is bouyed in 40 feet, so easy to find your way back in. The pool is clean with lots of lounge chairs, more can be found at a seperate area over the water.

Close to town and the airport but nice and quiet.

Dutch gentleman had the unit next to ours and the first three pictures here http://www.hansvanwijck.nl/p453720202 are of the diving dock at the Belmar. The picture towards the end is of a sea eagle with a parrot fish in his talons and was taken in front of his unit. The pics have a dreamy quality as he used special filters and time lapse. The rest of the pictures will give you a general view of the Island.

We have visted about every year since 1998 to dive and relax. Stayed at Sand Dollar the first three times, Buddy Dive the next 8 or so and decided to try Belmar this year and were very pleased by the experience. W would be glad to return.

Buddy Dive is a much bigger operation and has an on site resturant. We like Buddy but it can be busy. Both are nice.

Hope this helps, if you have further questions post them.

Tucson,Az
Level Contributor
129 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Belmar Apartments

I am going to be staying there in Feb.Heard Boanire has killer snorkeling .Are there many areas close to Belmar that we can enter and snorkel. Also,are there many boats close by? I was hit by a boat in Roatan ( very scary but I was really lucky) so I am trying to find areas that boat dont fly through !!

Thanks,Deb

Gilford, New...
Level Contributor
146 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Belmar Apartments

Regarding snorkeling close to Belmar, try Te Amo which is a yellow shack almost directly across from the airport, about 25 yards south of Port Bonaire.

Marietta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations, Bonaire
Level Contributor
4,229 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Belmar Apartments

We have a number of windsurfing friends who stay at Belmar and they seem to enjoy their stay there. Have not been there myself so cannot provide first-hand experience.

The only comment I would make is to be careful/watchful if you swim/snorkel there. Last year a friend of ours from Germany went snorkeling just off Belmar and had an unfortunate encounter with a Man-of-War/Jellyfish. He had a painful rash and area on his arm for several days. It is the only bad experience I have heard of along there, so perhaps it was a one-time thing, but probably a good idea to keep your eyes open.

Gastonia, North...
Level Contributor
3,524 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Belmar Apartments

We stayed at a home about 3 houses down from Belmar back in November. We saw a few boats go by each day. One boat even came all the way up to the house next to us to visit with some young local guys hanging out there. I was VERY glad we weren't in the water at the time, I could even smell the diesel fuel from the boat. The house reef at Belmar has a buoy and i didn't see the boats very close but they weren't very far either. I was a bit scared to go too close to the dive buoys because of boat traffic. There are divers everywhere and i'm sure boat operators are more than aware of this but it's still a bit unnerving and I can't imagine how unnerving if you've been hit before. There's always the option of using your own personal dive buoy.

Tucson,Az
Level Contributor
129 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Belmar Apartments

Thanks for the info about the boats and man o war. Now days I always wear a wetsuit as I have been stung too many times to count by jelly fish. The boats are a concern for sure.I will bring my dive float buoy !

Gilford, New...
Level Contributor
146 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Belmar Apartments

Deb..FYI...In all my years of diving around Bonaire, I have never seen a diver use a personal dive buoy or flag.. Do yourself a favor and leave it at home. It's really not needed.

Regarding jellyfish, higher probability of encountering 8 to 10 days after a full moon or during a wind reversal. If you're not wearing a full suit and snorkeling, it pays to periodically look horizontal in front of you to see where you''re headed as opposed to just looking down at the coral reef.

Oregon
Level Contributor
369 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Belmar Apartments

I'm glad to see that someone has asked about Belmar Apts. I just booked airfare for Dec. 14-28 on Bonaire (and Dec. 28-Jan. 4 on Curacao). My dive buddy hubby and I have a timeshare week at the Buddy dive resort, and are looking for an apartment for our other week there.

Buddy has a dive/drive/stay package, but it seems expensive compared to "vacation rental" prices I'm seeing here on TripAdvisor (taking into account rental car prices and diving). I was also considering Belmar, and found out from Buddy that there is a connection between the 2 properties.

Any other tips on a vacation rental would be appreciated. Since this is our first trip to Bonaire, I don't know if it matters at all where we'll be staying. I figure --have wheels, will travel.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Belmar Apartments

Staying there March 9 to 16.

If u have specific ?? I can ans them when we return. The e mail address on their website is great at ans your ? too

Sandy

Oregon
Level Contributor
369 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Belmar Apartments

Thanks, Sandy. Since I posted that on Feb. 12, I reviewed and contacted some appropriate properties on Bonaire. In the end, however, we decided to just go the easy way and stay the whole time at Buddy Dive Resort. It is definitely more expensive than going on our own (lodging, vehicle, and diving), but we decided the convenience was worth that much to us.

Hope you have a great time at Belmar!

Get answers to your questions about Kralendijk