We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

more on DAE-- still flying Bonaire-Curacao presumably?

Oregon
Level Contributor
386 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
more on DAE-- still flying Bonaire-Curacao presumably?

I was just reading through a thread about Insel airlines, and on 11/28/12 Tinker 7774 from North Carolina posted that "Last year" (meaning 2011) DAE just decided to stop flying Bonaire to Curacao. Although the airline apparently knew this months ahead of time, DAE did not contact them. They showed up at the airport and then had no way to get to Bonaire. They wound up having to cancel their Bonaire leg of the trip because DEA had stranded so many people on Curacao.

This is almost the worst horror story I've read about DAE. Alarming! I am so much regretting that I didn't thoroughly peruse old forum posts before I booked airfare for this coming Dec. and Jan. (just on Feb. 11). I hadn't realized there was much difference between airlines. DAE showed up for a search RT Bonaire-Curacao, and I easily booked a trip with them. They wouldn't sell new tickets if they're no longer flying the route--can someone verify that they reinstated those flights, and maybe some explanation of Tinker 7774's experience that DAE stopped flying that route?

I already changed the flight back to Bonaire to a day earlier (to be able to catch the return flight to the U.S.) and paid $30 penalty. I'm wondering, though, if I should be a bit more pro-active and eat the cost of those 2 RT tickets with DAE and book with Divi--and not just cross my fingers that all will be fine with DAE on Dec. 28 and Jan. 3. I wouldn't trust Insel, either, from what I've read (some good, some bad), but I haven't read such negative comments about Divi airlines.

I have lodging and vehicles arranged for both Bonaire and Curacao and are happy with those, but this DAE thing is giving me a lot of second (and third and fourth!) thoughts. I know I screwed up, but at the time I just did not know.

1. Re: more on DAE-- still flying Bonaire-Curacao presumably?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 February 2014, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Kralendijk