We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Acitvities to do in Jibacoa, Cuba???

truro
1 post
Save Topic
Acitvities to do in Jibacoa, Cuba???

I am going to Jibacoa, Cuba on the 30th of this month, march 2007, and I was wondering if anyone could tell me what activities there is to do there, and what are the best attractions. This is my first time going to Cuba so any help would be appreciated. The trip to Cuba is my big xmas present from my parents, and I am really excited about going and if anyone could help me out with this they can email me at terrahughes@hotmail.com

Thanks

London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,046 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Acitvities to do in Jibacoa, Cuba???

Not too much to do there, but, you are not far from Havana.

Scotland, UK
Level Contributor
2,001 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Acitvities to do in Jibacoa, Cuba???

It depends what you like to do. I don't know which hotel you mean specifically....Breezes or Cameleon? If it is Breezes there are lots of activities laid on each day such as the morning hike (takes you up the mountain behind the resort and back through a local farm - the view from the top is amazing!!), beach volleyball, beach hockey, pool volleyball, aqua aerobics, table tennis tournaments, tennis tournaments, Spanish lessons, dance lessons, afternoon walk (to a local farm) - you really can be as active as you want to be. There is also a games room which has table tennis, pool tables, playstation, chess and a few other board games. There are also scooter tours offered, check the board next to the reception desk for details of the trips - prices, tour details etc.

If you have any more questions, just drop me a line at Mand2512@aol.com.

Scotland, UK
Level Contributor
2,001 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Acitvities to do in Jibacoa, Cuba???

Also, Jibacoa is conveniently located for trips to Havana, Santa Cruz del Norte, Matanzas, the highest bridge (try the Pina Colada!!!), Bellamar caves, Varadero etc etc.

south western...
Level Contributor
1,082 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Acitvities to do in Jibacoa, Cuba???

Which resort are you staying at? They both have organized activities. You can go for a hike or a bike ride. If you want to go to Matanzas of Havana, make sure you book your taxi well ahead.

Halifax
Level Contributor
206 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Acitvities to do in Jibacoa, Cuba???

If you are staying at Breezes, the scooter tours are wonderful. These are organized tours that last 2-4 hours. There is a sign up sheet in the lobby. I found them to be the perfect length because they did not keep you away for the whole day, but gave you something to do for a few hours. Also, they are very inexpensive. You will learn alot about the Cuban economy and culture if you go on these tours.

Halifax
Level Contributor
206 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Acitvities to do in Jibacoa, Cuba???

Also, - go into Havana. It is great. The Tropicana show in Havana is a nice thing to see as well.

south western...
Level Contributor
1,082 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Acitvities to do in Jibacoa, Cuba???

Yes - for sure go to Havana and also Matanzas. Both resorts offer a variety of tours as well. Some of them are expensive and keep you away all day though. Just depends on what you want to do.

Also - snorkelling is fantastic! Right off the beach.

8. Re: Acitvities to do in Jibacoa, Cuba???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2009, 07:19