We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Passport when going to Havana

Kelowna, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
802 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Passport when going to Havana

Someone told my sister that if you are doing a day trip to Havana that you need your passport. Does anyone know if this is true? I usually like to leave my passport locked up in the safe!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
5,120 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Passport when going to Havana

You won't need it unless you are going into a bank to get either a cash advance on your credit card, or to cash travellers cheques. But not for any other reason. What I do is carry a color photocopy of the details page just to have the info with me.

New Brunswick Canada
Level Contributor
1,504 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Passport when going to Havana

steve what if your flying from cayo coco to havana do you need your passport then thanks

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
5,120 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Passport when going to Havana

If you're flying, then that does become a distinct possibility. Whenever I've taken Cuban domestic flights, I've had to show my passport at check-in. Now it make more sense your original question. In that case, I'd take it just to be sure. Use an under-clothes money belt to keep it secure, available at most travel shops.

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
256 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Passport when going to Havana

They also ask for your passport if buying cigars in gov. shop, & at hotels (overnighters)

5. Re: Passport when going to Havana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2009, 02:17