We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cuba Weather in October

Telford, United...
Level Contributor
1,794 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Cuba Weather in October

Hi,

We have booked, well I have, hols to Cuba, Playa Pesquero, staying Costa Verde. We are leaving on 18th October, I know it is the end of the hurricane season and some charts give October the highest rain fall, have I made a mistake? I so desperate to go and my hubby told he can't have any leave before April. We have 2 teens so have to incorporate school holidays. Anybody out there been this time of year? Lonely Planet guide says the East is the driest, hope so!

Rach

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,628 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cuba Weather in October

Was in Cuba cayo santa maria last Oct.

Rain every evening but the days were sunny and hot.

Havana, Cuba
Level Contributor
5,355 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cuba Weather in October

I have no idea where all these AI resorts are located (city names, people?), but have been around different places in Cuba in October and the weather has been fine. A little rain from time to time in the late afternoon, but mostly sunny days (and some days very humid!).

There is no part of the year that would be a mistake to go. On the other hand, every cancelled trip to Cuba is by definition a mistake.

Telford, United...
Level Contributor
1,794 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cuba Weather in October

thanks both for your information. Lets start the clock for countdown...........em maybe a little too early!

Rach

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,887 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Cuba Weather in October

We always travel to Cuba in October and the weather is generally good. Typically we would get rain in the evenings, but the days ver VERY HOT AND HUMID !!!!

Cuba
Level Contributor
13,053 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cuba Weather in October

Hiya

October is my most travelled to Cuab month ... love it ... not too busy and cheaper.

I have a video of a brief downpour on my profile ...

Mardi

Montreal
Level Contributor
128 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cuba Weather in October

We've vacationed on Cayo Largo and Cayo Santa Maria late October early November four times. On only one of those trips a front came through. Three days where it was somewhat overcast. The rest of the time it was sunny and hot. The good kind of hot. Not the can't breath hot or carrying cinderblocks on your head up a hill hot or roofing in August hot or......well you know, the weather was very nice.

watford
Level Contributor
157 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Cuba Weather in October

we went last year to cota verde very good. went again last october weather ok. going agan on 27th october for 3weeks jt will be our 40wa.

Toronto
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Cuba Weather in October

I have went in October and it was fine sunny days and a 10 minute rain at night I think only once it rained for 2-3 hours but thats all I can rememebr.

I may be goign to Holguin this October 09 and just trying to decide whether to goto Blau Costa Verde or Sol Luna Y Mares???? any suggestions?

Grimsby ON
Level Contributor
322 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Cuba Weather in October

October weather: one year we had puddles every morning never saw a rain drop; one year it rained (poured) for 24 hours, the best party day ever and one year a hurricane; the other 7 years a tropical shower now and then. Tropical shower = now you see it now you don't. Do not let the weather srew with your holiday rain shine embrace it all.

England
Level Contributor
14 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cuba Weather in October

Watford Rose

Congrats on your ruby wedding! my hubby and I are travelling out on the 27th Oct, we have just booked it as a honeymoon and am a bit worried about the weather so it has been a relief to hear the good stories on here.