We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather in july and august please

west yorkshire
Level Contributor
453 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
weather in july and august please

Thinking of visiting cuba in july/august. Read this is the rainy/hurricane season. I know no-one has a crystal ball but is the weather likely to be horrendous in the British summer?

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
14,384 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather in july and august please

July and August is VERY Hot and humid..probably the two hottest months of the year....you will want to be as near to naked as you can day and night...lol..

Rain when you get it is likely to be short tropical downpours and is unlikely to spoil your holiday (short of a hurricane!!).

Havana, Cuba
Level Contributor
4,162 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather in july and august please

The most preferred months of the year for locals to go to the beach..

Nothing better than an iced cold Cristal beer!

Yuppppyyy!!!!!!

west yorkshire
Level Contributor
453 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather in july and august please

is it similar to florida at that time then?

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
707 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weather in july and august please

Hey voy......you're making me thirsty !..lol...

Although it was very hot last August, i found that you become acclimatized after a day of two, and the showers/ thunderstorms of late afternoon were very refreshing , to the point that you almost looked forward to them !

Cuba
Level Contributor
13,053 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: weather in july and august please

Voy mi amigo

Que Passe??

Haven't seen you here for a while ..avoiding the crap going on ... on the forum I hope ...

As voy says ... these are popular vacation months for the Cuban people ... many many at the beach celebrating their summer vacations and cuban national holidays.

This IS my favorite month in Cuba ... it is hot but not much different than in Toronto (I love it).

The difference is the setting and sea and music and food and ....etc etc

Yes it IS the begining of hurricane season but ... they can be watched (if any) and booking last minute (even up to three week) so ...

Beyond popular belief ... July/August IS a HIGH season.

Go enjoy they do have AC ... but nothing better than good company and good food and good drinks on the beaches of Varadero.

Again Voy I will try my best to make it there when you are ...

Cheers to all

Mardi

Mentioned in this post
Cuba
Cuba
Caribbean
Toronto
Toronto
Ontario, Canada
YQG
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,005 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: weather in july and august please

I love Cuba in July too. We've been going to Cuba in July for about the past 8 years. Yes, it's hot and yes, it's humid, but it's glorious! Although it's hot here at home as well, there's a beach in Cuba!!! :)

I went one year in November and it wasn't warm enough for me in the evenings. I don't want to even think about having to wear a light sweater!

S.

Mentioned in this post
Cuba
Cuba
Caribbean
Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
1,624 posts
238 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: weather in july and august please

I would say from my experience last July that the weather is better, from a European's perspective, than say Orlando in Florida.

Yes it is hot and humid, but providing you are near the sea the sea breeze makes it much more pleasant.

Also this year seemed to be fewer thunderstorms that you get in Florida. We were at Jibacoa and Havana for two weeks and only got two thunderstorms and both were in the very later afternoon/early evening. The rest of the time clear blue skies.

Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
Florida
Florida
United States
west yorkshire
Level Contributor
453 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: weather in july and august please

Thanks everyone for your replies. Made my mind up and going to book my flights tonight!

9. Re: weather in july and august please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2009, 23:20