We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling with a baby/toddler

New Zealand
13 posts
Save Topic
Travelling with a baby/toddler

My husband and I have back-packed around many parts of the world and now plan to visit Cuba at the beginning of December. Things aren't so easy now though, as we have a daughter who will be 20 months old when we travel. I have read some posts here, which offer great advice about food and drink; immunisations / hydration etc but most posts about babies and toddlers seem to relate to staying in a resort. We would really like to travel around while we are in Cuba, rather than staying in one resort - it's the way we've always travelled and I'd like to think it is still possible(!?). I would love to hear from anyone who has done so with a small child. Is it possible to hire cars with car seats? Are there any 'must-haves' (apart from diapers, wipes, food and drink) or 'no-gos'? I would also love to hear from anyone who had a brilliant baby-friendly experience at a hotel or resort. Optimistically yours - bex

UK London
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling with a baby/toddler

I can only stress diapers/nappies as we had huge problems getting them 2 years ago and had to ask around with fellow travelers and hotel personal to get them. Also take loads of sun-lotion as it is quiete expensive over there.

New Zealand
13 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling with a baby/toddler

Thanks, I can envisage a whole case devoted to nappies and jars of baby food! In retrospect - would you recommend it as a place to travel with a toddler? or advise us to consider going elsewhere?

london, england
Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling with a baby/toddler

Hi there,

We are looking to go to Cuba with our 2 year old daughter - have you any suggestions - it is for our honeymoon so something special with kids clubs would be great.

Thank you for your kind help.

Bracebridge, Ontario
Level Contributor
700 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelling with a baby/toddler

We have been AI with our son here at age 7 months, 1 year 7 months and probabaly again this year at age 2. The people all over Cuba are great, you would feel safe with your child almost anywhere. While not 100% certain I would bet car seats are optional and not readily available there, your call. One other thing we have found useful is formula, while your child may be on to milk it is sometimes difficult to get milk similar to that at home.

Ottawa, Ont
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Travelling with a baby/toddler

Hi there. I was so relieved to read your post as i have been searching for information of the exact sort you posted. My husband and i have a 2 yr old and we too have done much travelling around the world backpacking but are a little apprehensive about travelling independantly in cuba, although very interested! Did you go and if so PLEASE give us a report and any advice. It woudl be greatly appreciated!!!

my email address is jejay@yahoo.com