We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Memory Lane

The Great White...
Level Contributor
993 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Memory Lane

Whats your favourite memory of Cuba?

Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
402 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Memory Lane

My memory of Cuba is the smell, noise, atmosphere, the people. Like the majority of people who go there, it is Cuba. That is why we all talk about all the time, and I, like most suffer CWS.

vancouver canada
Level Contributor
572 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Memory Lane

Having fourteen be uties, in 10 days,. See ya tomorow.

Gloucestershire, UK
Level Contributor
609 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Memory Lane

The warmth - both the temperature and the people.

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
101,043 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Memory Lane

It definitely has to be the people.

That's the reason that I return. As I travel there so frequently to me the weather is not that important.

Antigua, Guatemala
Level Contributor
1,727 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Memory Lane

The first Cristal while waiting for the bus to leave the airport & looking forward to new people I will meet this trip.

montreal
Level Contributor
10,593 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Memory Lane

The people great friends i made and thats the reason we are going back again and again and again ........

dreamland
Level Contributor
221 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Memory Lane

My fondest memory is of a certain bartender at the Blau in Cayo Coco. We lost our toiletry bag and therefore didn't have most of our usual items. I brought certain things to give away but didn't bring any razors which my hubby now didn't have. We got to know this bartender ( whom shall remain nameless ) and told him what had happened and that we would just have to do without and make the best of it. When we saw him the next night he handed my husband a brand new razor. Usually it's the other way around.....us giving! It was such a small gesture but I'll always remember him. :))

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,529 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Memory Lane

Several years ago I took a bad fall, and couldn't leave my room as there was only one set of crutches, and they were being used (es Cuba LOL)while my husband was fumbling around trying to get me some dinner, a waitress who couldn't speak any English at the time, asked where I was and when she found out, proceeded to push him aside and from that moment I had every meal brought to my room, until I got the crutches, this was during the special period when the people had nothing and this was done with no expectation of payment. She and her family are our dearest friends in Cuba today

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
1,248 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Memory Lane

It is by far , the people, of whom I have made sooooo many friends. Like bellagio, I to go for the people, the weather can or cannot be a bonus.

Cuba
Level Contributor
13,053 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Memory Lane

Hiya

As expected … most of the replies have been about the people …

This topic has come up before and I attribute it to the well know CWS which is very contagious …

Here’s a few of my previous postings if your so inclinded to read.

tripadvisor.com/…2746612