We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

In appreciation

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
4,645 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
In appreciation

Hola everyone,

This is the time of year when we all tend to look back on the last year, and as well, forward to the next one. This year has been a bit of a challenge for Mrs. CubaJack and myself, but to get into the details would be going way off topic.

What has been a good thing this year, has been all the help and good information I have gotten from Trip Advisor members. We are now looking forward to our ninth trip to Cuba, in about a week and a half, and I hope on our return we will have some new insights, and some stories to share.

I have been on Trip Advisor for a while now, but I certainly couldn’t be called an old-timer by any means. In the time that I have been here, I have gotten some great advice from many of you, have participated in some interesting discussions, and had a lot of fun with some topics. From time to time, I have tried to help where I can. I won’t mention specific names, because when I try to do that I always miss someone, and then I feel badly. If you have helped me, then I am sure you know that. If you have entertained me, you probably know that as well.

I just wanted to say how much I have appreciated the many things I have learned about travel to Cuba. Some of my friends think I must be an expert after eight trips, but I find I am still learning new things all the time. To all of the great people on TA, and you know who you are, thank you.

Happy New Year,

Jack

Grimsby, Canada
Level Contributor
2,238 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: In appreciation

What a nice post, CubaJack!

I've been on other forums before but think that the Cuba one is the best by far.

So thanks from me also, it's been a joy :)

Happy New Year!

Bracebridge, Ontario
Level Contributor
690 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: In appreciation

I'd like to throw in a thanks also. I leave tomorrow with 17 other friends and family for Cuba who think I am the Cuba expert. I feel like a bit of a fraud because most of the advice I get is from this forum!

Thanks to all!

Consett, United...
Level Contributor
19,182 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: In appreciation

Not to say I am a big Cuba expert but some people think I am. I love the people and the place.

It is so nice to know we all offer each other help advice and encouragement to go and enjoy Cuba.

I learn something new every day on here, forget a lot and then my memory is nudged again.

Thanks to all.

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all.

4. Re: In appreciation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2009, 16:19