We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tip of the Day - Set an extra alarm!

Owen Sound, Ontario
Level Contributor
105 posts
Save Topic
Tip of the Day - Set an extra alarm!

My sister and husband plus two kids just got back from the Blue Bay Cayo Coco. They had a great holiday but almost never happened. The night before their 6:10am flight they called the hotel front desk for a wake up call. Next morning, NO WAKE UP CALL. They did not set any other alarms. Sister woke up at 5am, are they going to make 6:10 flight. Called front desk, they called taxi, rushed to airport, made flight. I think that it would be a good idea to set other alarms and not depend on anyone else to get you up. Would you be out the cost of the vaction if you missed the flight? I set a travel alarm, alarm clock in room and call for a wake up call. Anyways they had a good vacation at the Blue Bay Cayo Coco. Four more sleeps and we are of to the Cameleon Villas Jibacoa. Hope for green flag days and lots of sun. Beanstir

montreal
Level Contributor
185 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Tip of the Day - Set an extra alarm!

Exact same thing happened to us in Riviera Maya in a high end hotel...thank god we had set our cel phones....

2. Re: Tip of the Day - Set an extra alarm!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 22 January 2009, 13:53
Owen Sound, Ontario
Level Contributor
105 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tip of the Day - Set an extra alarm!

Pheonix, will check out the bartender for you. I left alcohol behind 25 years ago, hope he can mix a mean juice or pop. Just was doing a little packing, trying to keep the weight down. I will try to keep track of the red flag days and will find out about the beer. Beanstir

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,938 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tip of the Day - Set an extra alarm!

thanks for sharing that story Beanstir...that would be my worst nightmare. OMG. Thank goodness they made their flight.

Have fun at Jibocoa.

White Rock, Canada
Level Contributor
2,018 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tip of the Day - Set an extra alarm!

My travel alarm clock lives in a small ZipLock bag inside the pocket of my suitcase at all times (along with an umbrella!) and only comes out when I've reached my destination. In fact, we have two travel clocks- one in each suitcase!- and spare batteries too! If you don't travel often, remember to remove the batteries (store them in the ZipLock bag!) in between trips.

I learned long ago NEVER to rely on strangers for anything that is important to myself, my family or our well being.

6. Re: Tip of the Day - Set an extra alarm!

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 22 January 2009, 13:53
Owen Sound, Canada
Level Contributor
498 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tip of the Day - Set an extra alarm!

Beanstir,

How did you manage to get "Ontario" in you address. As you can see by mine, Owen Sound is in Canada! :)

Tried many times to change it, but to no avail.

8. Re: Tip of the Day - Set an extra alarm!

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2009, 15:19