We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Hideaway - Santa Clara, Cuba - suggestions??

Toronto
2 posts
Save Topic
Royal Hideaway - Santa Clara, Cuba - suggestions??

I just booked a vacation for Royal Hideaway Resort in Santa Clara Cuba with me and my wife and wanted to know if anyone has been and any suggestions they might have. What was good and bad? Things you did that you recommend or don't recommend? Any suggestions to make the trip even better would be appreciated as i am going in 4 weeks.

Thanks,

1. Re: Royal Hideaway - Santa Clara, Cuba - suggestions??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 09 March 2009, 21:57
Owen Sound, Canada
Level Contributor
497 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal Hideaway - Santa Clara, Cuba - suggestions??

We just returned from 2 weeks there and absolutley loved it. We were there last year and this is the first time we have ever returned to a resort, we liked it so much.

Tips;

Talk with your concierge early the day after you arrive to arrange your a la carte dinners. Tell him/her if you want early or late. We always tried to get late as we like a later lunch.

When eating at the buffet, always try to go to the cook to order stations for breakfast, lunch, & dinner. While we enjoyed the food, we do find that the prepared food is not very hot. If you want pancakes, run the ones that are already cooked through the toaster for a quick warm up.

If the bacon is not well done enough for you, take some to the omlette station and have them cook it more for you.

If you are early risers, the omlette / egg stations really do not get busy until after 8:00

Unless it is windy, there is really no reason to reserve chairs. There are loads of palappas and chairs at the beach. If you prefer the pool, should try and get there before 9:00.

If there are no chairs at the pool, check the pool at the Spa, and I do not mean the Spa Section pool. There are 3 pools in total at the RHE. There is a smaller pool right outside the spa that not many poeple seem to frequent.

Use the bikes and ride down to the Royal Suites and have a look around.

The boardwalk past the Seafood restuarant now sports a bar, and they make great Pannine sandwiches

Looking out towards the water, if you walk the beach to your right, towards the small wreck in the water, you will find a sand spit 100's of yards out in the water that is dry during low tide. great place to go and relax, see what marine life you can see. You can walk to this spit easily at low tide.

Hope this helps, and hope you have a great trip!

Owen Sound, Canada
Level Contributor
497 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Royal Hideaway - Santa Clara, Cuba - suggestions??

Forgot to mention the restaurant at the Hideaway pool is 24 hours if you get hungry. They also serve breakfast there in the morning of you don't want to go to the buffet.

Also, if you want a bottle of wine in your room, just order it with some room service food. They will only bring wine if you order something to eat.

Ontario
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Royal Hideaway - Santa Clara, Cuba - suggestions??

How was it?! Inquiring minds want to know! Hope you didn't get stuck down there when Conquest Tours abruptly shut its doors.

I wanted to let you know about this great website I found in my info gathering about the Royal Hideaway. I think this guy is Canadian and he goes down several times per year. Maybe he has contracted to do promotion for the hotel, but anyways .... he has the most thorough website and information about the Royal Hideaway Cayo Ensenachos that I have found to date. He makes the Occidental Hotel chain look lame with what he has provided for potential travellers: http://www.royalhideawayensenachos.ca/

I am planning to visit there also. I understand that the package deals purchased by Canadians are amazing value. After Conquest folded, the hotel was demanding payment from guests at room rates of about $400 / nite!!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
11,382 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Royal Hideaway - Santa Clara, Cuba - suggestions??

Read the reviews on the property. Heres another great website for the RHE.

www.7daysinparadise.com/smf/index.php…

Have a great trip. You will cause the RHE is a great spot.

Cheers

6. Re: Royal Hideaway - Santa Clara, Cuba - suggestions??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 November 2009, 06:24