We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

melia cayo coco

london
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Topic
melia cayo coco

We're going to the Melia Cayo Coco the last week in September. We are interested in the fishing excursions and want to know info. Also is anyone else going that time that would want to go too? I heard its cheaper if you share the boat?Can we use Canadian travellers cheques?

Has anyone heard about the melia this time of year and if all the restaurants/ activities are operational?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
980 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: melia cayo coco

Hola Cubacrazy,

I was in Cayo Coco in June but at the Sol Club next door.

Mind you I did stay at the Melia my last "unscheduled" night as they cancelled my flight so I spent the night at the melia. Champange & orange juice for breakfast..

As for the fishing it was advertised as 210 half day & 345 full day per boat . That would be in convertable pesos. These pricese were on my holiday planner given by our tour rep.

I did notice that to the far right of the beach from the Melia there is where I believe they take you deep see fishing. I walked past the Melia beach almost everyday & say a couple of guys hanging fishing lines...don't ask me why I don't fish... the had them all stretched out all over the place I had to watch where I was walking so you could always approach them. Once you come to your beach turn right & you will see the only hut ... go there and try.

I loved that walk as the first day I was there I saw 3 dolphins frolicing in the ocean. I went almost everyday to see them again.

Enjoy.

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
32 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: melia cayo coco

We are leaving on Friday the 23rd. Maybe we will see you there. Are you worried about the hurricanes at all?

london
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: melia cayo coco

not too worried about the hurricanes, it should be well past us when we get there. Maybe well see you there saturday

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
32 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: melia cayo coco

I'm sure we will. Are you a couple or a group of friends? yes the hurricane is looking good for Cuba right now so I think I feel better about the whole thing now.

london
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: melia cayo coco

a couple, we actually just got engaged this week!

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
32 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: melia cayo coco

Great we should see you there then I'm sure.