We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santa Lucia, Holguin, Punta Cana or Varadero???

Mont-Tremblant...
7 posts
Save Topic
Santa Lucia, Holguin, Punta Cana or Varadero???

Trip cancelled to Mexico...were should we go. Our options are:

-Santa Lucia, Cuba

-Holguin, Cuba

-Varadero, Cuba!

-Punta Cana

We are 5 friends and looking for the best overall.

Tanks for your help! :) Gen

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,529 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Santa Lucia, Holguin, Punta Cana or Varadero???

If you are looking to party, Santa Lucia may not be the best choice, although there are a couple of lively after hours clubs\discos, it is generally a quiet area, conducive to a relaxing beach vacation, Varadero may be a better option, as I said depends what you are looking for.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Camaguey, Cuba
Level Contributor
11,293 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Santa Lucia, Holguin, Punta Cana or Varadero???

Maricela, I think it's funny that you often mention that Santa Lucia is not the best place to party, because to the exception of Varadero, it's the place where I and many others partied the most... It's true that the hotels are quiete, but outside, the Mar Verde, Jungla and Rumbo give you good options for la fiesta. It sure is more lively than Holguin (only one club) or any of the Cayos...

But to help you gegemichaud, we would have to know what are your interest and what hotels are offered...

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
1,698 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Santa Lucia, Holguin, Punta Cana or Varadero???

Dependeds what you mean by 'best overall'-beaches,value,fun factor,shopping,variety?

Don't forget Cayo Santa Maria! (although you might feel right at home going there)

Also if your thinking about the DR, pencil in Puerto Plata. It puts Punta Cana to shame.

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,529 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Santa Lucia, Holguin, Punta Cana or Varadero???

Gengen, the reason I say it's a quiet area is that I have met so many people who did not do any research prior to going then were disappointed when they did not find a place like Varadero, of course there are parties after hours if you look for them :)but I still think that generally speaking it is not known to be a party spot.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
865 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Santa Lucia, Holguin, Punta Cana or Varadero???

Gege -- I posted a response to your question on the Punta Cana forum and commented on Paradisus Rio de Oro in Holguin and Paradisus Palma Real in Punta Cana. Enjoyed trips to both.

S
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
7,497 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Santa Lucia, Holguin, Punta Cana or Varadero???

My wife and I have been to Cayo Coco, Cayo Guillermo, Cayo Largo, Holguin,and Las tunas, Cuba, In total, 15 trips. We went to Punta Cana this year. Great hotel, Great beach, good food. Some thing was missing. The Culture and friendly people in Cuba make the difference.

Read lots of reviews and do some research. Obviously, we love Cuba. They know how to get you movin, movin!

7. Re: Santa Lucia, Holguin, Punta Cana or Varadero???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2009, 06:21