We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel to havana from guardalavaca

england
Level Contributor
27 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
travel to havana from guardalavaca

I'm going to Cuba in january and would be greatful for advice for spending 2 nights in Havana midway through our stay. Whats the best way to book and how much should a cple expect to pay?

cheers julie/gary

united kingdom
Level Contributor
946 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travel to havana from guardalavaca

hiya.....I went to havana with thomas cook from 28th july 2009 untill 09/september 2009.....I also flew down to holgiun and stayed at the paradisus de rio for 5 nights.. i used a company in the uk called cubaism they have a office in london. I flew with aerocaribean from havana the aeroplanes where very good both ways. and also booked taxi transfers with cubaism very professional. the flights cost for two people return where £318.00 total and transfers from havana hotel to havana airport then from holguin airport to prdo then back again was £98.00 total.if you get a bus its twelve and half hours long and flights was one hour twenty minutes approx...Do not try to do this while in cuba its very difficult..we wanted to stay another night i tried to change flights and tranfers and pay for the hotel just for twenty four hours the price would of payed for a short break away for two..i did not pay for hotel through cubaism got best price through thomas cook in the end...cubaism is on the web sorry not got telephone number..hope this helps

united kingdom
Level Contributor
946 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travel to havana from guardalavaca

hiya again.sorry went from 28th of august not july i wish....have a great time

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Holguin, Guardalavaca
Level Contributor
14,378 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travel to havana from guardalavaca

Hi; If you are staying in Guardalavaca then you could book the Havana overnight/2day excursion through your tour operator representative.

I would say that will be your best option (and cheapest).

You can find details and prices of the excursions by using this link to my "organised Trips" inside page:-

www.tripadvisor.com/members-inside/LoonyLou

united kingdom
Level Contributor
946 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: travel to havana from guardalavaca

I priced the overnight trip to havana through thomas cook while staying at the prdo the price would of been £480 for the two of us for one night.i got a very good deal for 5 nights at prdo ai flights and transfers £ 890 i no its swings and round abouts but i dont know what the price would be for two nights with a rep but it wont be cheap

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,378 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: travel to havana from guardalavaca

I believe the op has already booked to stay in G'lavaca; therefore accommodation is already paid for there. If Julie and Gary decided to go to Havana independently they will have to pay for taxi transfers each way at both ends in addition to their internal flights and accommodation costs in Havana; this will not come at a lesser cost than the organised excursions although it will only be for ONE night/2 days, NOT 2 nights.

If Julie and Gary have not yet booked their trip then there are many many options available to them in order to be able to spend time in G'lavaca and Havana.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,378 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: travel to havana from guardalavaca

The current cost of the Havana day/overnight/next day excursion is 265cuc's with 30cuc fuel supplement, that equates to (approx) £200 per person.

If you want to see the Tropicana show that is an additional 60cuc's/£40 per person.

7. Re: travel to havana from guardalavaca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 March 2010, 06:16