We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arts and Craft market in Havana

northern ontario
Level Contributor
341 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Arts and Craft market in Havana

Which days is the big arts and crafts market in Havana closed? I had heard there were two days that the artisans had off. We are going with friends and I want to make sure we are not planning on going on one of those days....I love looking at the paintings and old books. thanks for any help.

Havana, Cuba
Level Contributor
4,134 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arts and Craft market in Havana

Old books and crafts are now in different locations. Crafts market opens daily now but still Old books fair opens only from Tuesday to Saturday. So if interested in visiting both pick a day between Tuesday and Saturday.

northern ontario
Level Contributor
341 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arts and Craft market in Havana

Thank you, guess we will plan for those days.

south western...
Level Contributor
1,082 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Arts and Craft market in Havana

Hi

Where is the art market? book market? Are they both in Old Havana?

Havana, Cuba
Level Contributor
4,134 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Arts and Craft market in Havana

Yes, Old Havana.

Book Market at Plaza de Armas (Arms Square); and just one block from it the book shop “EL Navio” the only one selling used and new books approved by Cuba’s National Heritage Office (so anything bought there can be exported).

Crafts 1.5 K after this Square along Avenida del Puerto just after the Russian Orthodox Cathedral. It is now an indoor facility.

5. Re: Arts and Craft market in Havana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2010, 07:17