We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

been to Varadero, Santa Lucia, Cayo Coco booked, where next

Port Colborne...
Level Contributor
3,611 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
been to Varadero, Santa Lucia, Cayo Coco booked, where next

Hi all

I have one more week of vacaions to book, been looking at cruises etc, but if my husband has his way we should go to Cuba. Been to Varadero (way to many times). Bella Costa and a few others

Been to Santa Lucia, Oasis now cal Be Live

Going at Xmas to Cayo Coco - Blau

so the question is where next in Cuba, looking for ideas, would love to take hubby to Sandals but again that is in Varadero and really don't want to go back this soon. We usually go to Varadero to see our friend but he is here in Canada for the nex four months so no reason to go to Varadero,

Would like a nice beach and yes I know it is hurricane season in November when we can go this time. I am just exhausted just thinking of doing much more research from scatch.

Any suggestions would be gratiful. Name some resorts that you would want to take your other half to, to have some couple time.

thanks all

Arctic Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
2,939 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: been to Varadero, Santa Lucia, Cayo Coco booked, where next

I would go to Cayo Largo ..I love the beach and the mellow atmosphere of this island... we have been a couple of times to this island last time at the Sol...Good luck..

Safe Travels...

Alberta
Level Contributor
4,796 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: been to Varadero, Santa Lucia, Cayo Coco booked, where next

I have to second Jimmy_sea's suggestion about Cayo Largo and also add Cayo Santa Maria.

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
1,734 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: been to Varadero, Santa Lucia, Cayo Coco booked, where next

Try Cayo Santa Maria between Varadero and Cayo Coco. New area with more places being built, so get there before everyone else finds out about this place. http://cayosantamaria.info/index.html

Mont Tremblant...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Largo
Level Contributor
6,310 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: been to Varadero, Santa Lucia, Cayo Coco booked, where next

Paradisus Rio de Oro in Guardalavaca (Holguin) - great place for some couple time! And in November, you might be able to get a decent price, for the regular rooms or for the new Royal Service.

West Sussex
Level Contributor
691 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: been to Varadero, Santa Lucia, Cayo Coco booked, where next

Another vote for Holguin, one of the best areas to visit IMHO. Best beach is probably Playa Esmerelda which hosts the Paradisus, as suggested above, and the Sol Lunes Y Mares hotels.

6. Re: been to Varadero, Santa Lucia, Cayo Coco booked, where next

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2011, 06:29