We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Toilet seats

Alberta
Level Contributor
4,588 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Toilet seats

It really drives me up the wall when Women put the lid of a toilet seat down, I just hate touching anything of that nature in a public washroom, also your not sure if there is a package in there or, not. At least in Cuba many of the washrooms at the airport's have no toilet seats, so I don't have to worry about it <grin>

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
3,238 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Toilet seats

There should be an overall rating system somewhere for Cuba where each aspect gets rated. Sure we all love the beaches and scenery so that will get a 5, the food would get about a 3, the hustlers will get a 2 because annoying as they are at least they are inventive with their stories, and of course the toilets will be at the bottom (some pun intended) with only one star. Some of those toilets are a bit stingy with what they have to offer in the way of seats, TP, handles, door-locks and sour-faced attendants.

Cripers, you have to study acrobatics before going just to use la toilette correctly in Cuba. Pretend to be a football player crouching before the play. I remember walking into the washroom in an upscale hotel in Santiago and before my eyes lay 4 or 5 beautiful stalls to use.....and only one of them had TP!!!! Where is the beauty in that?

Havana, Cuba
Level Contributor
5,355 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: Toilet seats

If it's a general rating for the whole country I am going to have to vote that public toilets get zero stars.

I can't even remember the last time I saw a toilet seat in Cuba outside of hotels and casas and a few top restaurants.

Question is. Who needs a toilet seat when there's no paper anyway?

montreal
Level Contributor
10,275 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Toilet seats

CubanWaters Can we give there toilette a 0 as once we went to Guama Park and again looking for a Bathroom and i get there once again a lady at the door and i give her a 1 CUC and i won the jackpot she give me the roll of toillette paper as you know usualy they will give you 2 sheets of paper if your lucky and i got inside wow what a smell and my problem was not over as there was no door to hold on this time because there was no door .....

You see thats why i bring my wife to Cuba as that way she can carry the toilette paper on her bag as she never forgets as can you imagine us guys going around with a roll of paper in our pockets .

Gatineau
Level Contributor
439 posts
Save Reply
24. Re: Toilet seats

Geez Gato,

I really wish you hadn't said that; now the women are going to visualize that too!

Yarmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
2,887 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Toilet seats

OK, I have read this thread and sat back and listened to all the males gripping.

HELLO?!

What do you men have to gripe about anyway? Who cares if you have no seat or, lets face it, no paper?! Think about this. You men have SUCH an advantage. It just isnt fair, I say!

What good is 2 sheets of tp anyway? Sheesh.

S

Yarmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
2,887 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Toilet seats

OK, now I have a visual of gat0 with a roll of tp threaded on to his belt.......

S

Kentville, Canada
Level Contributor
4,670 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Toilet seats

btw, to be fair to Cuba/Turkey and others...

my first introduction to the hole in the ground toilets was in the train station in Geneve Switzerland in 1972, of all places.

montreal
Level Contributor
10,275 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Toilet seats

Wick no no my wife has to walk around with it on her hand bag and by the way look at this picture that i took at La Taberna restaurant poor guy was not taking a chanve with his toilette and nobody was going to take this one .....

…photobucket.com/albums/…

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
3,238 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Toilet seats

How do you give 0 stars? Will have to work on that. 0.5 from me because at least there is an attempt being made at providing a toilet or something that resembles a toilet.

DT you have words of wisdom as usual.....even on the toilet issues.

gat0, I always carry TP on myself wherever I go in Cuba, even to the nightclubs. If someone wants to pick-pocket me then they get some TP and not my moola. We both get what we want. I get to keep my money and they get something to wipe their butt with. It's a beautiful world.

montreal
Level Contributor
10,275 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Toilet seats

Yes i just can see the Cuban asking his friend hey Carlitos did you get the money from the Yuma and he says yes Jose i have it and he goes outside all happy and when he sees what he has well no problem we have some good toilette paper we will sell it in the black market .....