We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

somebody stole my beach towel.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
5,619 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
somebody stole my beach towel.

Would you take somebody elses? (shame shame) This happened to me once...and I was fortunate enough to know the beach towel shack guy from a previous trip (nice to be connected) and he just gave me another....and on my last trip... I ended up with 3 blue towels when I was only supposed to have 2. Oooops!

Old Havana
Historic Walking Areas, Points of Interest & Landmarks
El Malecon
Historic Walking Areas, Points of Interest & Landmarks
oshawa
Level Contributor
471 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: somebody stole my beach towel.

Someone took mine last time to. I went and talked to the pool man and he gave us one. Otherwise endless chain reaction of missing towels.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
6,768 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: somebody stole my beach towel.

Hola

Your really like to get things going, do you not. If you left your spot for hours...lots would of taken your towels...Lol...I have proof with the pic's

Anyway off to cuba for two two weeks, will be great even without a towel...

cheers

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
103,199 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: somebody stole my beach towel.

I certainly would not stoop to stealing someone else's towel if mine was stolen. It happened to me once and, like the previous two posters, I was friendly with the person at the Club House and he gave me another one.

Mind actually disappeared off the back of the chair I was sitting on whilst having a coffee in the boulevard at the Playa Pesquero.

Edited: 28 November 2010, 23:41
Pickering, Canada
Destination Expert
for Camaguey, Playa Santa Lucia
Level Contributor
5,951 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: somebody stole my beach towel.

no one ever steals my towels. I bring my own. the kids' ones with straps and weird pics and advertising pouches. lol. I even tie it to the tree in santa lucia so the staff knows I'm in the water. I don't want resort towels. it's those darn tourists. they'll steal anything! lol. carol e. but not mine.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
6,768 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: somebody stole my beach towel.

Hola

Now the question is...to you tip, gift, or just smile with a thank you for saving you 15/20 cuc's per towel.......lol...I just could not help myself.

cheers.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,532 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: somebody stole my beach towel.

i never ever get beach towels....

Nelson BC
Level Contributor
1,026 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: somebody stole my beach towel.

I take 1 towel from home not to save my spot but so that I head for the right chair when I come out of the water. A Van. Canucks towel stands out from the blue and gets the albertan's attention.LOL

Hasta La Vista

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,532 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: somebody stole my beach towel.

i never bring towels...

i'm like a raisin,.... sun dried !!

Nelson BC
Level Contributor
1,026 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: somebody stole my beach towel.

The sun takes care of me too, the towel is sometimes a headrest, sometimes used to prevent the basket weave mesh from becoming a part of me.LOL

H L V

Arctic Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
2,939 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: somebody stole my beach towel.

I had a towel taken once in Cuba and told a british tourist beside me , he was so upset he walked over to the massage hut where there was a whole stack grabbed 1 and brought it to me..and said here you go... lol ... too funny...

safe travels...jimmy