We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tourist Cards for Canadians

Calgary, Canada
10 posts
Save Topic
Tourist Cards for Canadians

Would someone be able to clarify the tourist card / visa situation for Canadians? I am booked to fly to Cuba. I am not staying in a all inclusive. As I am not on a package it appears that I will not automatically receive a tourist visa card. Westjet (the airline) has told me to contact the Cuban Embassy and the Cuban Embassy says that I get them from the airline at the airport in Canada. Nobody at Westjet can confirm this. Has anyone travelled recently to Cuba that can clarify this for me. Really don't want to show up and not be allowed in the country!

Thanks!

Cuba
Level Contributor
13,053 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tourist Cards for Canadians

Hola

I have flown flight only many times and always received a Visa from the airline . This should be included in the cost of the flight.

Mardi

Calgary, Canada
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tourist Cards for Canadians

Hi Mardi,

Did you just receive the tourist card on the plane before you landed?

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Camaguey, Cuba
Level Contributor
11,025 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tourist Cards for Canadians

I too have flown flight only many times and always received the tourist card from the tour operator or the airline. Depending on the tour operator, I got the tourist card and their counter at the airport, or at the check in, or in the flight...

Who did you book your flight with? Directly with west jet or with a tour operator or travel agency?

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
96,793 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tourist Cards for Canadians

They will either hand out the cards at check in or on the aircraft. Don't worry they will supply you with one.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
771 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tourist Cards for Canadians

on the airplane, they give you the tourist card. as long as the flight is flying from canada

Calgary, Canada
10 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Tourist Cards for Canadians

Hi,

I booked my ticket directly with Westjet. I guess my plan of action will just be to ask for it at every stage of travel :)

Brampton, Canada
Level Contributor
4,560 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Tourist Cards for Canadians

Don't worry, they'll give you one either as you board or after the plane takes off, most likely the latter. They also hand out customs declaration forms.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19,552 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tourist Cards for Canadians

Ditto above. Unfortunately you talked to an idiot at Westjet.

Unlike flying from many places in Europe, etc. the Tourist Card is a complete no-brainer when departing from Canada. The Airline, Tour Operator, Travel Agent, etc. MUST supply you with a Tourist Card before you land in Cuba.

Relax, have fun.

Cheers,

Terry

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,423 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tourist Cards for Canadians

De plane boss. You get it on de plane

Calgary, Canada
10 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Tourist Cards for Canadians

Thanks for all your help people - love the trip advisors :)