We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wrist Bands / On & Off ?

Toronto
Level Contributor
20 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Wrist Bands / On & Off ?

Anyone know how to remove the plastic wrist bands, that you wear at the resorts, and re-attach them later, without having to cut them off? Is there a trick to doing this?

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
2,074 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wrist Bands / On & Off ?

I think you will find they are designed so you can't do that! Why bother?

Cheers, Nickie

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
101,994 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wrist Bands / On & Off ?

Ask to have them put on loose, so you can slip them on and off.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19,691 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wrist Bands / On & Off ?

On reason why I could see it being a good thing would be the ability to remove them when leaving the resort, especially if you're touring on your own. The brackets scream, "please try to scam me."

Cheers,

Terry

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
2,152 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wrist Bands / On & Off ?

have them tie it around a braclet or a watch, which can be removed.

S
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
7,581 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Wrist Bands / On & Off ?

I arrived at the resort later than everyone on the charter, due to being detained at the airport. My wife did the check in thing. I Never did get my wrist band for the whole 2 weeks we were there. I was o.k. until re entering the hotel grounds via bike from Playa Pilar, got questioned by security.

Hmmm, seems to be a re occurring theme here.

My wife asks to have it put on loose (sleeping and showering)

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
101,994 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wrist Bands / On & Off ?

deebob:

I hate wearing it when I shower and that was the reason I first asked to have it fitted loose.

Terry is quite correct though. We stand out a mile when travelling off resort but wearing your wristband identifies you as a resort guest and increases your chances of being scammed considerably.

Calgary, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Wrist Bands / On & Off ?

Why don't you try wearing it on your ankle instead..

Cambridge, Canada
Level Contributor
1,978 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wrist Bands / On & Off ?

I just came back from SPT and some of the women had the wristband around their ankles.

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
101,994 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wrist Bands / On & Off ?

If you went to the bar to buy drinks the bartender would be unable to see if you were wearing a wristband so you might well be from another hotel for all he knows.

Everyone knows where the wristbands are worn so it makes it far easier for hotel staff to identify their own guests if everyone wears the wristband around their wrist.

As shadow1 says, it's done but have to admit I've never seen it.

Edited: 30 November 2010, 16:08
White Rock, Canada
Level Contributor
2,016 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Wrist Bands / On & Off ?

Many resorts will not allow you to have that dreaded plastic bracelet attached to something removable like a watch band.

A couple of resorts cautioned me not to have it put on too loosely because they charge if you lose it and need a replacement.

I've not been able to figure out how to remove the bracelet without cutting it off, so now I have it put on so it's reasonably comfortable and I take a wide, cuff type fashion bracelet to wear over top of it to avoid being harassed when I'm going off the resort.