We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Calgary to Cuba - direct flights?

Calgary, Canada
3 posts
Save Topic
Calgary to Cuba - direct flights?

Hi

I'm looking for a direct flight from Calgary to Cuba - all I can find is a West Jet that goes to Varadero. Does anyone know of any others? - a direct flight would make deciding on where to go a lot easier - conections and layovers with kids - NOT SO MUCH FUN!-

thanks

Calgary
Level Contributor
246 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Calgary to Cuba - direct flights?

I think Air Canada still has a flight on Sunday that leaves around 7AM that is direct. Again to Varadero, but it is way better than a Toronto layover.

Hope that helps

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
11,424 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Calgary to Cuba - direct flights?

Hey carson

Frustrating isn't it. Checked with a few website and you're correct most flights are only to Varadero direct. There are some that goes thro Toronto. Air Canada has flights to Santa Clara direct on Sundays as was mentioned but appears to only be till Feb.26.

Cheers

Calgary, Canada
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Calgary to Cuba - direct flights?

Thanks for the info.

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
1,755 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Calgary to Cuba - direct flights?

I would NEVER book a 'direct flight' with or without kids. Book 'non-stop' instead.(if you can) Big difference.

Be carefull of early morning flights such as Sunwing as you must leave your hotel room 17 hours before your flight. Sleeping in the lobby is not fun. (ex: flight leaves Cuba at 5am but you must check out at noon!)

Limited options from the west for sure as flights change with little notice.

Amusing to read some of the eastern posts complaining that when they leave in the late morning from Canada , they 'might' miss lunch at their resort.

Good luck with your 'non-stop' and enjoy Cuba.

P.S: don't forget hockey game on wednesday evening.

Nelson BC
Level Contributor
840 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Calgary to Cuba - direct flights?

Air Can. has a 7:30 a.m. sun. flight from calgary to varadero.

6. Re: Calgary to Cuba - direct flights?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 July 2011, 06:17