We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on twin centre holiday to Cuba - best way to do it

London, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
15 reviews
Advice on twin centre holiday to Cuba - best way to do it

Hi, I want to go to Havana and a beach resort in June with two friends.

Tricky thing is -two of us are coming from UK and the other one is coming from Florida, so we can't book a package holiday deal from UK for three people.

What is the best way to do it?

1) Book flight and B&B to Havana and then myself and UK friend book all inclusive separately in beach resort and then our US friend books a room too in same hotel. Or do we get a triple room?

2) Which beach resort is good for friends - i.e don't want to just end up in couples hotel, resort, as want resort to be lively and relaxing.

3) Is 3 nights enough in Havana?

Any other advice - i.e recommendations on hotels etc?

Budget is max £1000. We are two girls and one guy and in our mid 30s.

Thanks!!!

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
14,385 posts
39 reviews
1. Re: Advice on twin centre holiday to Cuba - best way to do it

Personally I think you would probably be best to book an AI Twin Centre deal for the two of you from UK and then your friend from Florida finds the best way for him/her to get to Cuba and either books an AI package for him/herself at your hotels or just gets his/her way to Cuba and then you request a price for him/her to stay in your room on each leg of your trip.... Just an Idea !!

If you book everything when you get to Cuba it will cost you a fortune for hotels and flight only ~ I think its best to make some enquiries on twin centres and independent travel and weigh up the odds. Flight only can be around the £600 mark.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
14,385 posts
39 reviews
2. Re: Advice on twin centre holiday to Cuba - best way to do it

I take it your budget is £1000 each, that isnt a great deal for a twin centre AI package holiday covering Havana and one other; and transfers etc.

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
105,614 posts
57 reviews
3. Re: Advice on twin centre holiday to Cuba - best way to do it

Probably one of the best travel agents in the UK dealing with twin centre holidays is the Holiday Place.

Check out their website at:

www.theholidayplace.co.uk/cuba…

However as LoonyLou says you will struggle to do this on a budget of £1000 each.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19,739 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Advice on twin centre holiday to Cuba - best way to do it

1.) "... so we can't book a package holiday deal from UK for three people..."

Why not? Can't your Travel Agent book "room only" for your third pal at whatever resort you choose? If this isn't possible then you can book the room separately through another agent (lots of Canadian agencies will do this for you) but of course it's always better to have it all handled through one agent...

2.) "... Or do we get a triple room?..."

They're your friends... only you know if a triple room is cool or if you'd drive each other crazy...

3.) "... Is 3 nights enough in Havana?..."

If you guys love big, noisy, stinky, complicated cities with 2,000,000+ residents and 500+ years of history with a huge variety of culture/music/art/etc. options then 3 days won't be long enough. If big cities in developing countries aren't your thing then 3 days will be too long.

Have fun.

Cheers,

Terry

5. Re: Advice on twin centre holiday to Cuba - best way to do it

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2012, 07:16