We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Confusion regarding Liquids in Carry-On Luggage...

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19,621 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Confusion regarding Liquids in Carry-On Luggage...

Earlier this month there was a thread highlighting a new policy being enforced by Air Transit at Santa Clara Airport that put a restriction on liquids in carry-on luggage.

Since Cuban Airport Security has NEVER paid any attention to the hysteria generated by Homeland Security, TSA, etc. regarding liquids in carry-on luggage this was quite a shock. The original thread is here:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g670039-i12236-k43…

After almost a month of communication with Air Transit I finally got high enough up the corporate ladder to receive a definitive reply from someone who actually knows what they're talking about.

In a nutshell, here's the deal: There is no such policy in place. The mix-up at Santa Clara Airport was a temporary mistake with communication between Air Transit and ECASA, the Cuban government entity that operates/manages Cuban Airports.

So, much ado about nothing...

Cheers,

Terry

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
11,321 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Confusion regarding Liquids in Carry-On Luggage...

Thats good to know. Thanks Terry. Simalar to the medical issue. es Cuba

Cheers

Ontario
Level Contributor
2,263 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Confusion regarding Liquids in Carry-On Luggage...

That so explains why no one batted an eye at the large 2 L bottle of water that I was carring ...and forgot about.

Sault Ste. Marie...
Destination Expert
for Cuba
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Confusion regarding Liquids in Carry-On Luggage...

I figured, but it's good to know for sure. Thanks Terry :)

4. Re: Confusion regarding Liquids in Carry-On Luggage...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 02:16