We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone travelled with The Holiday Place?

York, UK
Level Contributor
123 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Has anyone travelled with The Holiday Place?

My fiance and i booked our honeymoon recently with the Holiday Place staying at the Parque Central in Havana and then the Paradisus Rio de Oro in Guardalavaca. We had done lots of research and had many quotes and were thrilled at getting what seems like a a great price for the trip of our dreams.

The next day I got a call at work from the Holiday Place asking for £1000 to secure our Virgin flights as they were on special offer and would need to be paid upfront. I explained that we had already paid £300 deposit but was told if we didn't cover the entire cost of the flights now, we would have to pay an extra £90 per person. My fiance paid the £1000 from our wedding budget and we didn't worry too much about it.

Now that a bit of time has passed and having had to call the company to request a receipt for the £1000 I have started to think that we made have made a huge mistake booking with The Holiday Place and that there may be problems ahead.

Has anyone had experience of this company? I really hope I am just being overly anxious and suspicious.

London, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone travelled with The Holiday Place?

I've also booked with them, and got a really pleasing deal. When I enquired about one date he did say that choosing that date would mean paying the flights up front because they were in a Virgin sale, and they'd have to pay upfront. Or if i had another date, I wouldn't have to pay them up front.

It turns out that the other date worked better for my girlfriend, so I just paid the deposit.

I know someone that has used them before, and said they were fine to deal with. And from the 20 minute chat I had with the guy on the phone from The Holiday Place, they seemed really friendly and full of advice/tips etc about the place....even to the point where he was working out what side of the plane he should book my seats for, just so we get a better view when we land.

Hopefully, it'll be fine.

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
96,446 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone travelled with The Holiday Place?

The Holiday Pace are a reputable company and one of the few UK travel agencies that 'know' about Cuba.

York, UK
Level Contributor
123 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone travelled with The Holiday Place?

Thanks so much guys, I really appreciate the reassurance. Must stop worrying so much!

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
32,272 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone travelled with The Holiday Place?

It's not unusual to have to pay in full for scheduled flights. It depends on the fare type booked and who The Holiday Place booked the ticket through.

We used to sell a lot of holidays to Florida and the vast majority of them had to have the airfare paid in full, to take advantage of the cheaper tickets.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anyone travelled with The Holiday Place?

hi , i travelled with holidayplace two years ago and had excellent service throughout holiday.Private taxi from airport to hotel there and backand great rep at hotel.put everything to the back of your mindand have agreat honeymoon. good luck tarlach

York, UK
Level Contributor
123 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Has anyone travelled with The Holiday Place?

Thanks leyland and tarlach!

I will put my worries away and focus on wedding planning!

Scotland, UK
Level Contributor
1,919 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Has anyone travelled with The Holiday Place?

We have used The Holiday Place for a few of our trips to Cuba, and had no issues with them at all. As bellagio says, they are actually one of the few who know anything about Cuba!

UK
Level Contributor
307 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Has anyone travelled with The Holiday Place?

We are going in 12 days with The Holiday Place. They have told me we will get our tickets 7 days before...Maybe I'm being silly but I think that's cutting it fine bearing in mind postal/ticket/tourist card problems. We are travelling from Ireland and will be going a day earlier to do an overnight in gatwick. I will not be happy until I have the tickets in my hand. Why cant they send out the tickets 2 weeks before like most of the other travel companies?

I am satisfied by this forum that they are a good company but we also had to ring them twice to receive postal confirmation as all we received were e mails and I wasn't overly happy with that

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
32,272 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Has anyone travelled with The Holiday Place?

They can only send the tickets when they receive them.

York, UK
Level Contributor
123 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Has anyone travelled with The Holiday Place?

Hope you tickets arrive Charlieangus and that you have a fab holiday! I can understand you anxieties - I would feel the same.