We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Varadero, Cayo Coco or Holguin for first time?

Montreal (Québec)
Level Contributor
863 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Varadero, Cayo Coco or Holguin for first time?

My friends are going for their first ever trip in the Caribbeans. They want to go to Cuba. They are wondering where to go first. This will be their first trip without the kids. Where would you send them? They don't speak english very well. I am sold to Varadero so I am not sure where would be the best. What are the +++ of each destination and the --- of each? What about excursions in these 3 destinations? I guess Varadero has more choices??? Thanks!

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
9,305 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Varadero, Cayo Coco or Holguin for first time?

there would be more to do in varadero but i personally love cayo guillermo. It is very quiet and relaxing, beautiful shallow beaches and they do offer excursions. I also liked holguin as the scenery is very beautiful. LOts of hills and mountains everywhere. It is more laid back then varadero but more to do then the cayo's, there are a lot of excursions to do as well. All the excursions are very affordable IMO in cuba. It really depends on what you expect out of a holiday?