We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luggage on bus ...

Nova Scotia, Canada
Level Contributor
14,524 posts
Save Topic
Luggage on bus ...

Is there any limit to the amount of luggage that you are permitted to transport on the bus between the airport and the resort? I remember seeing a thread that some buses were not permitting bicycles to be transported on the shuttle bus. Is there any definition of what constitutes “luggage” or is it left to the discretion of the bus-driver? His Nibs wants to bring something to a friend.

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
100,450 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luggage on bus ...

Mad:

I think that each airline has it's own rules.

hfx
Level Contributor
4,751 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luggage on bus ...

I seem to remember a post from saxophone on this, and buses in the holguin area that stopped taking bikes, due to too little space under the bus. Too bad, a lot of people left bikes on leaving Cuba. Good question

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
8,912 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luggage on bus ...

If his " NIBS " holds his ground and stands tall with the bus driver then he " should " be able to take on the bus anything that came with him on the plane !!

I know some folks have been told there was no room for their bicycle and they transported it to the resort their own way , I most certainly would not tolerate any such thing.

LENNY

Ontario
Level Contributor
2,272 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Luggage on bus ...

It is the responsibility IMHO for the charter company to ensure all your items arrive safe at the resosrt. If the bus (& I have not witnessed this) won't take it then the rep should enure it gets there.

5. Re: Luggage on bus ...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 June 2012, 13:04
Sarnia, Ontario...
Level Contributor
1,940 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Luggage on bus ...

Be prepared to stand your ground on this one. This past January I took a kids bike via West Jet. There were a number of bicycles on the plane, as well as a number of big ticket items and boxes, as there were several Cubans on the plane.

We were told on the plane that because of the high volume of luggage, the "non essential" items (bikes, t.v's, etc) would arrive on the next cargo plane. We had to stand in line to fill out all the necessary forms. I was staying in Holguin overnight and planned to pick up the bike at the airport the next day (at my expense for the taxi back to the airport). When I called the luggage department the plane had not arrived yet. I asked if I gave the necessary papers and a copy of my passport to a friend, if they could pick it up. The answer was no. I went on my way, and the bike did not arrive for 4 days. When it finally did arrive, I was told by Cuban authorities that I would have to pick it up at the airport as they would only deliver items to a hotel and no where else. This would cost me...and several other Cubans a hefty taxi bill to and from their home towns to the airport. Bottom line: I made it perfectly clear it was the airline's responsibility to ensure all items got to their destination, not the Cuban authorities and to tell West Jet that THEY had to pay for the taxi, not the Cubans. The bike showed up 2 hours later.

Do the same if they will not allow your bike or luggage on the bus.

7. Re: Luggage on bus ...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 06 June 2012, 16:05
Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,927 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Reply
8. Re: Luggage on bus ...

bump

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
11,369 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Luggage on bus ...

Thanks are in order to TA Jane for seeing the light. Thanks

Cheers

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
100,450 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Luggage on bus ...

Glad to see the thread reinstated. Many thanks TA_Jane..