We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first choice upgrade

durham england
Level Contributor
427 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
first choice upgrade

Has anyone done this to cuba and how good is it.

durham england
Level Contributor
427 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: first choice upgrade

bump

Gloucestershire, UK
Level Contributor
191 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: first choice upgrade

We flew with First Choice on 29/04/06 on a standard ticket. I certainly wouldn't wanted to have paid another £145.00 to upgrade, I really couldn't see it was worth it. They have taken out seats in standard now. so there is plenty of leg room with 33" seats, unless you are very tall.

Maybe someone who has done it will tell you different, but it's an awfull lot extra to pay in my opinion.

Have a great time.

durham england
Level Contributor
427 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: first choice upgrade

Hi we have done this but we were offered it for £49 each don`t think we can complain.

durham england
Level Contributor
427 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: first choice upgrade

we not at 29/04/06 yet

London
Level Contributor
64 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: first choice upgrade

Hi Ali

We flew with First Choice last year to Margarita and it was well worth the money - we paid about £129 each. The premium check in is FAB, there were about 150 people in front of us when we arrived, but then I noticed a premium check in - no one there, so we were able to go straight to the front - ab fab !

Also - there is a better meal and drinks all through the flight, we didnt drink too much but it was nice to know that if we wanted it - it was there. You also have priority baggage, so it was first off both ways - which is great for not hanging around. All in all, I would recommend it, am flying to Cuba this year with Thomas Cook and have upgraded again, although am not sure if it would be as good, but for the sake of a £150 - i think its money well paid, considering the length of the flight.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
690 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: first choice upgrade

ali47, have you decided whether you're going to book this up yet? I spoke to my travel agent last Thursday and my price quote was still £299 for the last week in November.

Are you doing a twin centre with Havana?

durham england
Level Contributor
427 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: first choice upgrade

We booked our holiday in January and the travel agent called us about 3 weeks ago about upgrade did it straight away we have done this with thomas cook before and it was £200 each which i thought was expensive as we can put this towards a holiday at the end of the year. We are not doing Havana as we did it in 2004.